Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    hell no. in our euro seats theres too much going on to dismantle and put back together in a home garage to still be in an acceptable condition in the cl9 (ur gunna snap one or 2 clips at least if ur not a pro at it) -

all the circuts go up n down the botton and back support ull be dismantling every single piece of the seat into its single components.

On top of that, u wont be able to get the OPDS sensors out as their glued onto the cushion paddings and they are very sensitive to almost anything and will short out leaving a good set dead.

and lastly, the actual entire fabric wraps itself around the airbag itself making it IMPOSSIBLE to get out without cutting so ull need to sew it backup if ur good.

Only dismantle ur sport seat to get the leather out if u want to get a pro with the right upholstery tools to install it onto ur suede seat. that way minimal damage will occur when dismantling.

Before u put the orignal seat back in - do the srs code reset. its not hard. if its all good the light wont come back on again. but if it come back again then its time to revert the seat to ur orignal suede (its a pain to put euro seats in n out being so bigg without scuffing the bottom panels and losing ur rail ball bearings)

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    true that hehe, will try the paperclip thingy tomorrow and fingers crossed thanks for your help

has anyone successfully done this?
    not too fussed on the heating but air bags and seat controls have to work.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    I've been getting heaps n heaps of PM on how to do this because ive successfully swapped my interior to leather with airbags n whatnot working. Inbox keeps filling up haha so ill post it here

They way i did it - ONLY the DRIVERS seat will be motorised. not the passengers. you CAN get the passengers motorised but ill explain it later on

ill break it down into seats. ill refer to the suede seat as orignals and the leather seats motorised to differentiate clearly through the whole explanation.

backseat no issue there just a straight swapover including the driver armrest. just a few bolts to undo and straight swapin

driver seat - now u need to flip the leather motorised upside down and observe. There will address 2 open female connector plugs. Yellow one (u cannot mistake it at all) is the airbag. rectangle one is basically everything else (heaters, rail motors, tilter motors). U need to figure out out of the lot which ones are for the power. motors n which one is for grounding

Have a look at this link download it n try to make sense of page 134 http://db.tt/W8posXS. U WILL SEE you need 2 power wires n 2 ground wires. im pretty sure the diagram is correct as i followed this diagram as well but i cant remember as ive installed these seats in ages ago but i studied that diagram for about an hr or so as im no electrican. u need to extend the wiring of both white/blue & white/red with some wiring u can get from jaycar or places like that. any cable good for 20A. and once uve extended it now its time to find out where to leech some power from. That diagram shows best place to leach is 2 fuses under the kick panel. which are fuse 14 and fuse 16. I decided to do it the easy way and tap it into fuse 14 and the other one into my ciggy lighter which is also a 12v output. only that means i cant pull my seat back n forth without the cd player on.

now ull need to ground the two power cables by extending both the black cables and securing the end down to a non painted metal part of the car. i chose to bolt one of the ground cable back up under our cupholders n on the handbrake bolt. and the other one is fed through to underneath the passenger seat unpainted bolt. test it out and if uve done it right ur seats should be moving! (worst case scenaro u will blow up a $2 fuse which can be easily replaced.) bolt the leather seat down and ur sweet!

BUT U MIGHT NOT BE DONE YET - IF UR MOTORISED SEAT DID NOT COME WITH A SEAT BELT BUCKLE THEN ULL NEED TO HARVEST THAT SEAT BELT BUCKLE AND THE WHOLE WIRING FROM THE ORIGNAL SEAT!!!!!!!!! have a look at how the orignal seat's fed the seat belt buckle and wiring and replicate it onto the motorised seat. U will need a bit of dremmelling as the seat belt buckle arm will not bolt on cleanly as the motorised seat's rail plastic is a bit fatter. just dremmel some of the plastic to get it able to sit flush. after that. HAPPY SEATING!

passenger side to elimiate any grief the airbag system might give you - and seeing as i picked up the seats for dirt cheap. i took my car and the passenger motorised seat to a retrimmer and got them to rip of the suede and put the leather on. If their good retrimmers they should have it done within a day. also stress to them that they need to take extreme car with the ribbons on the seat. those are your passenger weight sensors and are fragile towards natural oils from hands etc. a good retrimmer should be fine with it though. it will cost about $100 - $150 to have done. if you want to install the motorised passenger seat as well then heres were my tutorial ends. i didnt do it that way. wiring the power is easy but getting the passenger airbag computer inside the bolster to communicate with ur car's airbag ecu is a different story. ive only heard of people taking their car back to the dealership in the States to get that passenger airbag computer recalibarated but then it costs $99 USD.

happy swapping! open to questions in this thread dont pm me abt it anymore lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    i'm still rocking around with my airbag light on, had no time to sort it out as yet, ill have to find a good retrimmer for my passenger seat then since i have no heated/power seats