Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R

buddyclub and bc coilovers

Im looking to upgrade my current coilovers which I feel are to soft. I noticed buddyclub sold n+ and racing spec dampers both have 12kg front and 8kg rear spring rates. Is the price difference just the difference in quality, damping and valving? Also has anyone used these or bc br coilovers on an ek civic? (I believe these came with 10kg front and 6kg rear spring rates).

My budget is $1700 and running 26mm front sway bar and 24mm rear sway bar. My car is street driven but preparing it for track atm.

Just after feedback on the three coilovers (buddyclub n+, buddyclub racing dampers and bc br coilovers)
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 18-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    As far as I've researched, the racing spec in comparison to n+ has a bigger piston, yet same spring rates. On full soft would they both feel the same?
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Read Here, might help you understand what a bigger piston does
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I've read that earlier couldn't find anything about piston size, im just wondering if the price difference is worth it as all 3 are within my budget and has anyone compared the n+ to racing spec series of buddyclub.

I think I haven't finished that section yet actually lol phail...

Hope some of the Buddyclub/BC guys can shed some light on their products...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I had the buddy club n+ on my ek4 a while back and from memory they were quite stiff...can feel the road and rocks on your butt and corners pretty well.

However stiffness can sometimes be becomes of the way they valve them. Sometimes stiffer spring rate suspensions can feel softer due to different valving.

but i dont know about the bc

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I personally love a car where you can feel the road, dunno why puts you like part of the car. Just wondering if u wound em down to the softest setting are they bearable? My current coilovers are pretty soft and girlfriend doesn't complain till theres a slope and we bounce in our seat for a sec.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, EK4
    hey man, heard you were keen on upgrading your coilovers, which ones are you running atm? if you plan on selling anytime soon let me know coz im interested in buying 2nd hand ones. tahnks

Me personally would go for Buddy Club. Hands down no second thoughts.
    BC Racing is rubbish compared to the Japanese brands. Buddy Club is Monotube aswell so when you want to track it will have no problem.

The price difference between the both is obvious. You get what you pay for. You cant have Cheap and Good.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    I personally love a car where you can feel the road, dunno why puts you like part of the car. Just wondering if u wound em down to the softest setting are they bearable? My current coilovers are pretty soft and girlfriend doesn't complain till theres a slope and we bounce in our seat for a sec.
    in that case don't you want harder bushings and pillowball mounts?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Girls with big breast + Siff Coilovers = ???

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek9 & Ef5 Civic
    I have Buddyclub N+ in my ek9, certainly is quite stiff on the road even with damper or soft but does great as casual weekend track worrier.

But the ride comfort is subjective, some prefer it stiff some like softer, some bums may feel every bump on the road while other don't take notice.

Only downfall about the N+ is with ride height.
    N+ cant go near as low (especially at the front) as the BCs can, but this can be corrected with a set of extended top hats.
    Last edited by nzdh; 14-05-2013 at 05:15 AM.