Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

205/50r15 tyre reviews plz

hey guys,
    im gonna be geting my first set of rims (that i pay for) in the next 2 weeks or so due to my tyres on my others being trashed. who here runs this profile of tyre and what brand etc. i can get some hankook k110 but i dont know alot about em
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Kumho Ku36

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    ad08 the best out of heaps. i've tried ku36, michellin pilot, potentaz i have to admit ad08 best ive tried.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    you guys are shit at reviews,
    hows the dry traction, how do they handle in the wet, what price did you pay, how many km did you get from them, how was road noise, dose the sidwall feel solid.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 29-03-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    hows the dry traction, how do they handle in the wet, what price did you pay, how many km did you get from them, how was road noise, dose the sidwall feel solid.
    Yer we are as the question youve asked has been cover endless times. Also all this info is easly found on Google!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Yer we are as the question youve asked has been cover endless times. Also all this info is easly found on Google!
    But ill help
    KU36. Dry 10/10 Wet 6/10 Wall stiffness 9/10 Road noise 10/10 Being MAX Loud $180 each

How many Kms Depends if on front or rear. Around 20 000km on front, Rear still looks newish

Would i buy tire again. Yes but i wanna go wider so ill be running Ventus R-S3 225 /45 /15 next up front!

Wouldnt run for daily, Only weekend or track car!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    You want a review of tyres so you make a template of what ur looking out for in a tyre with regards to the above.
    Don't just say you guys are shit
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i have done. read my previoust posts.
    im looking for information on k110 or something equivilent. thank you jdmdc2r thats more the info im lopking for, theres plenty of info on semislicks and the like but information on high quality road tyres on our cars isnt very good. i appologigise for being rude but just naming tyres dosnt help
    -Amant02

Surely get some names and then hit up the wonderful thing we have called the internet for more details about them.

Also, what do you want from your tyres? You can read any number of reviews you like but it's useless without knowing what you want.

Are you after comfortable, quiet, affordable, wet grip, dry grip, tyre life... Etc. all these things will point you towards what sort of tyres you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    look dw guys thanks anyway apperently none of you have used the spacific tyres im talking about.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I dont have info on the K110.

Contientials MC5 they are pretty good and they come in your size.
    Dry - 8/10, Wet - 7, Very good at noise hardly hear them in the cabin. Cost $134/ conrner at Bob Janes. Mileage - only been a week since switch from Primary LC

Primary LC - Very very good tires. - Will not buy again.
    Dry - 10/10, Wet - 8, again these were very quiet, Didnt smash the car too much on these on comment on the side wall they cost way too much lol and did abit better on fuel he went from 550km avg to 620ish km avg per a tank, also they griped like a mother****er even with the metal lining of the tyre showing lol. Mileage - Went for approx 44.000kms,Cost: $269/corner bob janes.

RE002 - Another great set I had on my em1. - Next set are going to be these or maybe RE050.
    Dry 9/10, Wet 7.5 these were very good as well. Great for sprited driving I'd say the side wall was excellento! These tyres are the funnest i've ever had. Mileage good 35,000 ish of fun driving. Cost: $199/corner at Kmart (i bought 3 and got the last one for free)

Good Year Amour Grips - Really good mileage. - For your loved ones.
    Dry 8/10, Wet 7 these are descent for the price. Would give it a mid low for noise. Comfy drive. Sidewalls are okayish for a daily. Mileage - Close to 41000KM and still has a good 70% in the front and 80%+ at the back. Got these for my missus when she bought her car over 1 and 1/2 ago. I reckon its gonna do us good for another year. Cost: $129/corner at Bob Janees (throw bob jane and tyre power against ea other and you will get a great deal)

Diamond something or rather - Budget to max. - Deathwish.
    Dry 6/10. Wet - I would not trust myself behind the wheel lol. I wouldnt buy these ever again. Used it for 2 days and gave it to my cousin for his drift day. He said they smoked up really well. Lasted 2 laps sideways. Cost me $90 corner.
    Last edited by amant02; 30-03-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Try posting in the right section, like i dunno, the suspension/handling section or request a review in the review/DIY section perhaps?
    EG