Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 EJ8

Newbie Audio advice

hey guys

i'm new at all this stuff, just got a civic coupe 1998.
    first i wanna do is change my audio set up.

i went to jb hifi, they recommended a pair of splits for the front and a sub at the back. due to budgeting leaving the rear speakers out.
    budget 1k, maybe abit more

so i need a head unit capable of playing my ipod.. hee
    that i kinda got an idea of what i want.

any recommendations for the splits? Amps?
    hmm how much power to run every thing?

thanks for any help...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    For headunit i'd look at Panasonic and JVC as they have cheaper mp3 units with aux input for your ipod.

A Jaycar 4x100 would be a good amp for both splits and bridge 2 channels to run your sub. Maybe look at the Pioneer 306C as your sub.

And splits:

diamond audio m361
    hertz hsk165's
    focal 165a
    pheonix gold zr6.5comp
    morel pulse 6
    Boston sl60

They're all around the $300 mark.

Member Array
    i strongly recommend the schneider splits they sound realllly good i got them on my system and honesly they sound alot better than some of the kicker splits (and the owner of the kicker knows it but he wont admit since he spent $400 on his splits and i spent 160), go www.schneideraudio.com.au and look at the 6" components there they're good. regarding the amps ; the one that Bol said sounds pretty good. remember don spend ur money on crap stuff u'll just end up buying the good stuff at the end anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    if u gonna stick to JB products if u went there i can recommend:

Pioneer DEH-P6750MP Headunit with the Pioneer CD-IB100 (iPod adapter which enables you to control your iPod via your headunit, thus meaning u can put ur iPod in your glovebox)

or you can go the Panasonic and JVC Headunits that are roughly $300-$400 mark.

Speakers theres the JL Audio range, which i adore. The JL Audio TR690 are awesome for your rears, as the coupes have 6x9's as factory fit. And try the JL Audio TR650 Splits or the JL Audio VR600's if u are willing to spend.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    You can get a HU which uses the ipod adapter and therefore lets you operate the Ipod through the heaunit, but i think its a better option to have an aux input and use your ipod to change your music - much easier and saves ~$150.

My vote is:

Source Unit(s): Pioneer DEH-P5750MP & CD-IB100
    Front Speaker(s): Boston FS-60 / Crossfire SX6.0 / Diamond M361 / Focal 165V2 / Hertz ESK165 / Phoenix Gold R6.5 Comp / Vibe SA-K60
    Amplifier(s): Audison SRx2 / Crossfire VR142 / Phoenix Gold R2.5:2
    Cable: Audison Connection / Stinger
    Deadening: Dynamat / G-Spot / Stinger

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    My vote is:

Source Unit(s): Pioneer DEH-P5750MP & CD-IB100
    Front Speaker(s): Boston FS-60 / Crossfire SX6.0 / Diamond M361 / Focal 165V2 / Hertz ESK165 / Phoenix Gold R6.5 Comp / Vibe SA-K60
    Amplifier(s): Audison SRx2 / Crossfire VR142 / Phoenix Gold R2.5:2
    Cable: Audison Connection / Stinger
    Deadening: Dynamat / G-Spot / Stinger

he said budget 1k buddy
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    no longer drive one. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    i strongly recommend the schneider splits they sound realllly good i got them on my system and honesly they sound alot better than some of the kicker splits (and the owner of the kicker knows it but he wont admit since he spent $400 on his splits and i spent 160), go www.schneideraudio.com.au and look at the 6" components there they're good. regarding the amps ; the one that Bol said sounds pretty good. remember don spend ur money on crap stuff u'll just end up buying the good stuff at the end anyways.
    I would also look at the Amps By them.
    I found them strong and well priced.
    Sub also are good by schneider.

Good Price and good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    Hey i need some splits as well, but i'm wondering which get. You mention the schneider splits, i was wondering where you got them, and the pricing on the website for 4inch spits for 160 bucks, were they the ones you got? Were they the ones which had better sound then the kicker or were they the 6inch ones?

thanks

Member Array
    i got these ones
    http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/sc_...ducts&proId=25
    and im running them off this amp;
    http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/sc_...ducts&proId=15
    they sound reallll nice dont get the 4" they look too tiny to produce good sound. and i got them from Dsire4sound at liverpool for $180.

well what would be the difference between 4inch and 6 inch.. sound wise? better/stronger bass?
    the reason why im wanting the 4inch is because i plan placing the 4inch splits in the stock position on the dash/kick panel.

btw: my car does not have any speakers on the doors hence why i cant place it there.

Member Array
    components dont produce any bass its mainly high frequencies and abit of midrange. the 4" should be fine but i just thought u had both 6 and 4 inch choices so i said out of the 2 i'd choose 6 obviously. if you're gonna place them there u can mount the tweeters somewhere pointing directly towards ur ears and u'll get the full experience .