Will facelift cluster work on preface lift ? Cl9

Like will all the functions work or only what functions are available on the preface work. So eg, will fuel consumption meter estimator reader work ?
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Mwaku, obviously it will pay to wait for someone who has physically tried it but:

The information about fuel consumption/hours since reset/etc. is displayed via the "FAST-controller" built into the gauge cluster. Ironically, this information is available to the gauge cluster of all honda accord euro's.

This information comes from the vehicle ecm/pcm and is plumbed to the gauge cluster of all euro's irrespective of year.

For navigation models, there is a 'tee' in the line that goes to the back of the head unit, allowing all honda's with navigation (including 03-05 for US Honda Accords) access to a detailed trip computer information.

Your problem with retrofitting is going to be in terms of gauge cluster wiring harness connectors (i.e. the 03-05 models used a 30(?) pin connector) vs. the 06 and onwards, models using a 36 pin connector.

Getting the wiring from the wrecker would be darn near impossible as the wiring cluster harness is integrated into everything else. If you cut it, it'll be a pain rejoining it, particularly as you'll have to figure out exactly what the other 6 pins do and what their fault conditions are when those lines are 'open'.

If you would like to pursue this, feel free to upload some photos of your dash gauge connector and pm me (may not check back otherwise ) and I can have a look-see.

Hope this helps