Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A

Dc2 vti-r/type r cluster problem.

Hey guys,

I recently bought a dc2 with a b18c7 in there. Although there is something wrong with the cluster. The car has a type r cluster in there at the moment but the abs and seatbelt light is on and also the fuel gauge goes up at start then goes back down. So before we buy a vtir cluster we try to eliminate the lights.

So what we did we bridge the service plug near the computer figure out why the abs is lighting up. So then the seatbelt light started to flash instead of the abs light and gave us code 41 and 13 seatbelt flashes. We figured that the seatbelt lighting is for the abs and I don't know what the abs light is for. I searched up and people say to change the backing of cluster to vtir.

I went and bought a vtir cluster now the abs and seatbelt light still on and the fuel gauge still playing up. I think the previous owner changed the backing already since the look similar and the code says '674L' at the bottom.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Jase
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    Anyone, it can be any suggestion on the next step I should take to solve this issue?
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What year is the car?

if the DC2 itself is pre 1998 then it would have an OBD1 wiring loom and ECU.

if you have an OBD2 (1998-2001) cluster in an OBD1 car, it's going to give you issues.

if this is the case, then you can still use the type R gauges, you just have to move them into an OBD1 housing.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    Thanks super!

My dc2 is 1997 model. And the cluster I bought is 1998 model. Does that mean I have to look for a pre 1998 integra cluster? Would they be different?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah I'd say you have an OBD1 car and an OBD2 cluster. try find a pre 1998 cluster and transplant the ITR gauges in it.

they are different because they are designed for different wiring.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    ^^^^yes u need to find a cluster that is from a pre facelift, pre 98 for ur car...