Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CU2 40k service

Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    Did $300 include all oils or you brought your own? From what I can read it does which is a great deal, oh I prefeer to watch my car being worked on as well.
    I got quoted $500 and if I bring my own oil and filter will be $414 , looks like I will be calling Hannys, BTW Honda will not change pollen filter on 40k .
    They were pretty confident that they will adjust valves tho
    $300 includes labour, parts (oil filter) and fluid (ATf and Honda premium oil). For motor oil, you have a choice of Elf or Honda.

Trivett Parramatta said that they will adjust the valve too (included in the 40k service) but from what I have read (and this is just my opinion), they usually dont. They will just listen to the sound emitting from the engine to gauge whether the valve needs adjustment (the mechanic at Hanny's said the same too). But to adjust the valve separately by Honda will take you back about $120 according to Freeloop in one of his posts.

Hanny's is open on Sat and Sunday. Don't bother making an appointment unless you want to get a quote. Just rock up like everybody else.
    Last edited by cend0l; 26-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    Hanny is open on Sundays?
    really? I thought all this time they weren't.

What do you guys think of Castrol Edge Engine Oil - 5W-30 vs feo?
    If my dealer has no stock of 5-30 few not really men on new oil

Quote Originally Posted by philip_pc View Post
    Hanny is open on Sundays?
    really? I thought all this time they weren't.
    Lol im not quite sure myself. I saw it somewhere though that they are open on Sundays.

Well my local Honda does not have any of 5-30 feo only 10-30 and new Leo

So I went super cheap and got edge titanium 5-30

So are you going to Hanny's?

Most likely , I will only get them to do engine and oil filter tho.
    I will do transmission fluid and filter which i got today.

Only 2 Months till my 3 yr warranty is out , mods here I come :-)

Hmmm....do we need to change the transmission fluid at 40k service? It sounds too early. Anyway, if you have done 40k service, please share with us about your experience with Hanny's. My one is due soon. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by XGen View Post
    Hmmm....do we need to change the transmission fluid at 40k service? It sounds too early. Anyway, if you have done 40k service, please share with us about your experience with Hanny's. My one is due soon. Cheers.
    I can guarantee your fluid will be worn out and should new changed , I done mine first time at 20-22k and was dark.

Better be safe than sorry

Member Array
    Car:
    '12 Euro 6spd
    $550 quote for 40k service?!!??? It's only a minor. I was quoted $340 from trivett where I usually get it done, but I'm going to try Hannys as quoted $150+gst..which sounded alot fairer. Its only an oil /filter change.
    Mine is manual so no atf req.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I think 40k is Oil + Oil Filter + Air Filter + Pollen Filter. Would prob cost you $70 if you buy it yourself during sales. There's no reason for Honda to charge $550 other than they know they can.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    40k service at Honda dealers includes (or supposedly if for $500+) tappets / valve clearance adjustment, that's where the extra $$$ quote goes to.