Page 1236 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2367361136118612261233123412351236123712381239124612861336 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,832 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    What are the main advantages of Haltech over Kpro or Kpro over Haltech? I have plans to possibly supercharge the ep3. I hear haltech has more tuning options and Kpro is simpler?
    If I were you, I would just go with whichever ECU your tuner is more comfortable/familiar with and whichever one they would recommend.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Hmm seems like haltech seems more local in Brisbane, even the hondata tuners are moving onto haltech now.. Does haltech come with launch control?
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    If I were you, I would just go with whichever ECU your tuner is more comfortable/familiar with and whichever one they would recommend.
    This means everything, your tuner should be familiar with your car and you should get whichever ECU your tuner more adept in.

Hmm seems like haltech seems more local in Brisbane, even the hondata tuners are moving onto haltech now.. Does haltech come with launch control?
    Which Haltech?

If you're referring to the Haltech Platinum Pro Plug-In for EP3/DC5, I believe it does NOT come with the software for launch control. However the Haltech PS1000 & PS2000 do come with Launch Control function but they've heavily loaded with so many other functions unsure if you want to go there.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Sounds alot like the steering rack squeak, had the same problem and i'm pretty sure a lot of the guys here did to.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-steering-rack

^that should help.

Cheers mate, car is booked in with mechanic on Thurs for a service and getting him to look at it. The noise is getting pretty bad and is quite concerning, sounds like something is about to break/snap/fall off... I uploaded a video but the noise is worse now...

http://s68.photobucket.com/user/spun...afc18.mp4.html

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    Cheers mate, car is booked in with mechanic on Thurs for a service and getting him to look at it. The noise is getting pretty bad and is quite concerning, sounds like something is about to break/snap/fall off... I uploaded a video but the noise is worse now...

i couldnt hear anything on the the video....

what year model is your Ep3? 02 or 05?

if 02 then most probably the steering rack issue.. because when i first got my car, the noise was pretty bad..

not sure if the 05 model has that steering rack issue...

or maybe your driving shaft is about to brake? my friend's EP3 driving shaft recently just gave up on him

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post

Could barely hear it in when you take off, but if it sounds anything like this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

Then im 90% sure your steering rack needs regreasing. I posted this vid ages ago since its the exact sound i was having on my EP3, so i greased the steering rack and it was all quiet. Apparently theres no grease in there from factory.

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    Could barely hear it in when you take off, but if it sounds anything like this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

Then im 90% sure your steering rack needs regreasing. I posted this vid ages ago since its the exact sound i was having on my EP3, so i greased the steering rack and it was all quiet. Apparently theres no grease in there from factory.

Yeah it was a crappy video on my phone while I was trying to drive. The noise sounds a bit like that. Is going to the mechanic on Thurs. It is a 2003 EP3 Type R... Also I think my starter motor is also going and the first o2 sensor before the cat has gone also... Goodbye money! I am hoping this noise is just the steering rack that needs re-greasing but I bet it won't be because it is me. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    During slow traffic, there is this chattering sound coming from the transmission side. Particularly noticeable when I'm in second gear at very low rpms and I accelerate abit.

Also, does the rear wiper have its own washer motor for it? Or is it all controled by the front windscreen washer motor? Cause when I turn the switch for the rear washer I can hear the front motor whining but nothing no water coming out. The wiper works as usual. .

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Got my Hardrace engine mounts finally installed, first start up the vibration was a bit annoying but 2 days in and i'm pretty use to it.
    Not bad for daily driving and I can really feel a difference, going from gear 1 to 2 the wheels don't slip as bad when going hard.
    The vibration is only noticeable when the car is idled, and the revs seem to drop slower; not sure if thats due to the mounts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Got my Hardrace engine mounts finally installed, first start up the vibration was a bit annoying but 2 days in and i'm pretty use to it.
    Not bad for daily driving and I can really feel a difference, going from gear 1 to 2 the wheels don't slip as bad when going hard.
    The vibration is only noticeable when the car is idled, and the revs seem to drop slower; not sure if thats due to the mounts.

how much did you get these for? and also where did you get it?

im planning on getting new engine mounts but not sure which one to go for... either this one or hasport

Member Array
    Car:
    FL EP3R
    Does the front washer reservoir have water in it? iirc front and back share the same reservoir

During slow traffic, there is this chattering sound coming from the transmission side. Particularly noticeable when I'm in second gear at very low rpms and I accelerate abit.

Also, does the rear wiper have its own washer motor for it? Or is it all controled by the front windscreen washer motor? Cause when I turn the switch for the rear washer I can hear the front motor whining but nothing no water coming out. The wiper works as usual. .

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by uniqlo View Post
    Does the front washer reservoir have water in it? iirc front and back share the same reservoir
    reservoir is full, i meant the washer pump, If there's two motors, one for front and one for rear :S might just do a rear wiper delete lol

Anyway, does anyone know if the Haltech Platinum pro plug & play ecu for the 05-06 DC5 would plug right into the EP3? or do i need to buy a harness?