Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loud Intake????

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Yeah just take off the airbox cover and see how you like it. I doubt it can be much louder than that. As for ssssssss sound I've known K&N to do that but only at certain rpm under a certain amount of throttle.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    my whale dick goes sssss on idle..
    and apparently it's focking loud when vteched
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    if you want sound just rip the cover off the air filter box and expose the pod, my girl friend got pulled over by cops cause her car was too loud after i had just taken the cover of her air box, and its a lot cheaper than buying new pipes
    Although I can't find it now, I can recall reading an integra specific article showing that removing the cover from the stock airbox actually leads to a decrease in power. The article provided dyno comparisons to back this up as well. From memory it was a fairly significant decrease in power. Sorry I can't find the article, but what I am trying to say is that I don't recommend removing the cover......

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    Although I can't find it now, I can recall reading an integra specific article showing that removing the cover from the stock airbox actually leads to a decrease in power. The article provided dyno comparisons to back this up as well. From memory it was a fairly significant decrease in power. Sorry I can't find the article, but what I am trying to say is that I don't recommend removing the cover......
    yes it does. I was missing the top half of my air box when I bought my car. Was sucking too much hot air from the engine bay in. anyway, much better now with cover on box.
    blah blah blah

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    That's correct due to hotter air going into engine, I've experimented with both and it's not gonna lose you a race though.

The other week I decided to take off my bumper to completely remove the inlet pipes and resonator etc total weight 2kg. Placed cover back on air box and drew air in from bottom of box instead of a few inches higher in engine bay, pre vtec sound was a bit rortier than with no cover at all but seemed to get quieter on vtec and could hardly pick the sound transition.
    Engine was noticably more responsive from off idle take off, then in third gear from 7500-8200 felt an extra surge. Note this was a very cold day approx 10deg.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    I found that most stainless CAI make the 'seeeeeeeeeeee' noise,
    Not the short ram tho, it seems that its a little to short to make the noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Ek1
    yeah whale penis smooth and loud. small sssssss sound... not sure how loud it is from the outside

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow DC2R
    im guessing that we are refering the 'sssssssss' sound as the sucking noise the intake makes on idle

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    *ssssssss* as in bov?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    hey rice boi..i saw u yesterday at courts..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I have a K&N pod and its really loud, when you go on the gas slightly theres hissing then when you floor it all you hear is a roar.

Its as loud as a bloody exhuast at times....the good thing is that when you are off the throttle sounds like a stock intake. I love it, wouldnt mind trying out the 'whale penis' haha that thing looks cool.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    ill take a photo of what i did to my intake.
    i ran a 15.6 with the cover of and a k&n pod in box minus cover, no other mods in a stock gsi.