Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Tapping for 12V in CM Accord

Hi Everyone,

Just planning to install some DRL lights in my parents 2007 Accord VTi. Not sure where the best place to tap for 12V would be in the car? I was planning to tap from the 12V socket as that's the ACC line but I reckon it's a bit too far and I reckon that there is a source somewhere in the engine bay maybe?

Any help would be good.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    its not uncommon to tap into the front parkers. but at the same time you could just make a new circut.

Lots of places to get it from. A new circuit would probably be the best way.

Battery + > Relay contactor A
    Relay contactor B > DLR > Battery -

Relay coil on acc line.

Not very difficult to do/ i understand that my description of how to do it might be confusing but i cbf drawing up a curcuit diagram right now hahaha. If you want me to draw it up i can just not today

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Okay, I kinda get what you mean with those instructions. I'll look for relays as you said.

What about inside the cabin? I was gonna install a 7" JVC monitor separate to head unit but is there a tap location for constant 12V and also ACC 12V in the fusebox by the drivers foot?