Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by FongPei View Post
    Why so mad? No one forcing you to do anything. Get that big head out of your ass
    i think you should meet dc2r-0636 you two would get along, could share your rice mods..

Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    i think you should meet dc2r-0636 you two would get along, could share your rice mods..

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    A tube of silicone is around $3, I purchased gaskets last week for my dc2, $70 for the pair. Silicone will not leave any permanent damage/markings or anything. It will peel off leaving nothing behind at all. Its designed to keep water out between plastic and metal, I use it all the time at work, most of your houses will be covered with it and im pretty sure they arent full of water. If you are on a budget and enjoy diy, this is a great solution. Everybody bagging the op has probably never held a tool in their life

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    I wouldnt use just any silicone as some silicones etch into the paint and will cause rust.. If you want to do this your better off using sikaflex which will not cause rust and is designed for automotive use.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ^^ have you ever tried to remove automotive sikaflex?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I just use normal clear roofing/plumbing silicone. doesnt remove paint

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Awesome DIY
    Will have this in mind when my gaskets start to leak :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Awesome DIY
    Will have this in mind when my gaskets start to leak :P
    Thanks =]

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    I wouldnt use just any silicone as some silicones etch into the paint and will cause rust.. If you want to do this your better off using sikaflex which will not cause rust and is designed for automotive use.
    Haven't tried but i'll have a look at it next time =]

Yeah i forgot to mention guys - i'm using guttering silicone which comes straight off. the bonding isn't extremely strong but under pressure it does its job.
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7