Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our dealers service manager agrees our engines oil use is not acceptable and cannot understand why Honda aus refuses to act. Hondas stated engine oil tolerance for this model is 500ml per 1000km (not a typo) and they will only consider that it has a problem if it uses over 500ml per 1000km. I have consulted mechanics, engineers and automotive lecturers who all consider that a modern near new engine using such large amounts of oil must be defective in either design or assembly. In my latest frustrating round of correspondence with Honda aus they disregard these expert opinions by stating "furthermore and with respect to people you have consulted, Honda is the largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and as such we are very well credentialed on the subject". This is our fourth Honda, but it will most certainly be our last, even if Consumer affairs is able to make Honda aus do the right thing. Three of my friends and a couple of my wifes friends have purchased new vehicles recently, and based solely on the way honda aus is treating customers with this legitimate warranty issue, none of these new cars are Hondas. Again, we would be very happy with her car if it didn't chew oil, or if Honda aus replaced or fixed the engine, but because of the way we ,and others, are being treated like fools I will be going out of my way to make sure that anyone who will listen will know where they stand if they purchase from Honda. ps - I purchased a new motorcycle a couple of weeks ago.... it isn't a Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by good to go? View Post
    Our dealers service manager agrees our engines oil use is not acceptable and cannot understand why Honda aus refuses to act. Hondas stated engine oil tolerance for this model is 500ml per 1000km (not a typo) and they will only consider that it has a problem if it uses over 500ml per 1000km. I have consulted mechanics, engineers and automotive lecturers who all consider that a modern near new engine using such large amounts of oil must be defective in either design or assembly. In my latest frustrating round of correspondence with Honda aus they disregard these expert opinions by stating "furthermore and with respect to people you have consulted, Honda is the largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the world and as such we are very well credentialed on the subject". This is our fourth Honda, but it will most certainly be our last, even if Consumer affairs is able to make Honda aus do the right thing. Three of my friends and a couple of my wifes friends have purchased new vehicles recently, and based solely on the way honda aus is treating customers with this legitimate warranty issue, none of these new cars are Hondas. Again, we would be very happy with her car if it didn't chew oil, or if Honda aus replaced or fixed the engine, but because of the way we ,and others, are being treated like fools I will be going out of my way to make sure that anyone who will listen will know where they stand if they purchase from Honda. ps - I purchased a new motorcycle a couple of weeks ago.... it isn't a Honda.
    what kind of bullshit response is that??

ps: OP you might want to post your experience on "Whirlpool.net.au" as well, just so more people can gain exposure to this.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by good to go? View Post
    douche act!

Two can play at that game. Try tracey grimshaw.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    As I've put in another thread, mine has been measured over about 5000km at 0.49 l per 1000 km, measured by Honda themselves. This is considered "acceptable" by them. Also, on at least one of the ~1000 km runs, it did close to 1L/1000 km. Plus I've just checked the dipstick and it looks like it needs another litre of oil, which would put consumption around 0.7 litre/1000 km since the last check.

Wonder what they would do if I requested they put the super thin oil in the car as outlined in the owner manual? You know the stuff that is supposed to increase fuel efficiency, but is likely to run through my engine like it is a sieve?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Posted in your other thread.