Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Car Choice

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Dear god lets not go near Italian/French cars lolz
    Don't knock it till you tried it.

I'd rate a RenaultSport clio (esp the 1st and 2nd gen) to be better than DC's stock to stock,
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post

I'd rate a RenaultSport clio (esp the 1st and 2nd gen) to be better than DC's stock to stock,
    I agree that the french can make a great car to drive, but do more than 10,000km and you will forever regret it and just about want to stab yourself in the neck everytime you start it up....
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post

Tried it, fun to drive, nightmare to own... I've driven an assorted number of French cars [206 GTi, Renault Clio 172 Cup, etc] and owned for a bit a seductive Italian car [Alfa 156 GTA]... So I do know the fiery and fun passion they give but ownership wise hmmm... I'll let you ponder how much trouble I had with friends cars and my own...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I agree that the french can make a great car to drive, but do more than 10,000km and you will forever regret it and just about want to stab yourself in the neck everytime you start it up....
    I have been close topeople who can confirm this..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, even the newer ones were questionable. From memory, I remember driving a mate's Alfa 147 and I swear the steering and pedals weren't in alignment, more the left of the seat, so you weren't sitting comfortable or straight. My cousin has a 307, and servicing it is a near impossibility. Don't even know how to drain the bloody oil. Heck, I can't even get a bloody trolly jack under the front of it to get to the jack up point. When she first got it, the Auto wipers were a nightmare. A little spray would have the wipers go max out (on Hi, not the continuous Low we normally use when it rains), yet during a drizzle, it would be confused about weather it wants to be fast or slow. I'm sure a Renualt Sport would be good fun, but only during the 10% time it's working, the other 90% will have you venting out of your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Yeah, even the newer ones were questionable. From memory, I remember driving a mate's Alfa 147 and I swear the steering and pedals weren't in alignment, more the left of the seat, so you weren't sitting comfortable or straight. My cousin has a 307, and servicing it is a near impossibility. Don't even know how to drain the bloody oil. Heck, I can't even get a bloody trolly jack under the front of it to get to the jack up point. When she first got it, the Auto wipers were a nightmare. A little spray would have the wipers go max out (on Hi, not the continuous Low we normally use when it rains), yet during a drizzle, it would be confused about weather it wants to be fast or slow. I'm sure a Renualt Sport would be good fun, but only during the 10% time it's working, the other 90% will have you venting out of your ears.
    Hehehe, I tried a 147 GTA... That was 'fun'... Offset to the side, no traction or LSD with a 3.2L V6 and FWD...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Hehehe, I tried a 147 GTA... That was 'fun'... Offset to the side, no traction or LSD with a 3.2L V6 and FWD...
    put the q2 diff in it and then take it for a spin. the 147gta is an animal.