Thread: Buddy Club N+

Buddy Club N+

I purchased a buddyclub N+ coilover but I was told by a mechanic that the tie rod is not long enough. Is that common?

This mechanic does not know what hes doing. Tie rods not being long enough? I use to run the buddyclub n+ there shouldnt be a problem with the tie rod not being long enough

Is your car a DC5 too? I was told only DC5 has this problem.

I have also confirmed with JDM yard that if the car is lowered by more than 30mm, a tie rod will be needed or there will be a big pull out.

use inverted tie rod when lowering heaps
    they will help with handling

But will that have a big pull out?

What the means is that you are running heaps of camber. As I've had -3 out of buddyclub N+ and you need shorten tie rods to be able to get zero toe. This is probably what the mechanic means by its not long enough. Running aggressive toe means you will eat through your tyres. With the amount of information you've given i can only assume this is what your mechanic is talking about. My suggestion is to try to get yourself a set of todds modified tie rods. This will be able to get you zero toe. To adjust the camber on the fronts of the buddyclub n+ it is from the bottom where it bolts onto the hub as they dont have camber tops. If you can provide more information about tie rods not being long enough i can probably tell you what you have to do to fix it if i havent already explained what i mean. If you want send me a pm and i will try to help you out as much as i can

Hi Haule, I actually saw the underneath of the car. One side of the wheel is straight and the other side of the wheel is going outwards. In order to make both of the wheels straight, the tie rod has to be longer. Even I tried to raise the car to the highest point, the wheel is still going outwards and yes there is no camber top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    Hi Haule, I actually saw the underneath of the car. One side of the wheel is straight and the other side of the wheel is going outwards. In order to make both of the wheels straight, the tie rod has to be longer. Even I tried to raise the car to the highest point, the wheel is still going outwards and yes there is no camber top.
    I know that you need shorten tie rods if you run more than -2 camber on our cars. But ive never heard of this problem. If youre located in sydney talk to dede at top one. see what he suggests to do