Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch

Advice on secondhand JIC coilovers...

So I'm pretty much sold on buying a set of secondhand perfect condition JIC coilovers that have done 20k kms but have read a few iffy posts and comments about JICs being short lived and hard to find a rebuilder... Can someone enlighten me to hard facts about the JIC coilovers. Can fulcrum actually rebuild them definately? Should I expect them to die within a year? Is it worth me paying $1k for these?

as far as I know they are in immaculate condition and weren't overly thrashed.

They will be used on a car thats driven once a week, if that.

Send me what you know!

iirc Fulcrum last time I contacted them about rebuilding my FLT-TAR2 Coilovers, said they could not and can only rebuild... [Gives me a catalog of brands]. You maybe able to find another suspension place that can rebuild them but be careful and ask if they use JIC parts or they own cause some places claim they can rebuild but use inferior parts which don't last at all.

Its very hard to say how long they will last as its dependent on car and the type of conditions its been exposed to. Die within a year? Doubt it will...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Not taking the risk anymore anyways, going with set of coils from T&R auto styling (rebadged DGR's). Can't beat the backing of a local business, 1 years warranty and 4 days shipping for $900.