Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet

Bbs style wheels

Hey guys,

Just a quick question on who here has replica BBS wheels? Where did you get them from if your around Melbourne? What's your experience with them as far as structural integrity? Are all the BBS replicas made from one specific place or do a few companies manufacture them?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    depends on who made them....

it's not like you can patent the rights to make a replica, that's just silly!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    Replicas aren't ideal but I'm just trying to get as much info as I can. I have noticed that people do have replicas and hopefully someone with them responds here.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    I dont have bbs wheels. You can get them easily from ebay or private second hand sale, i dont know a brick and mortar store you can buy them from in melbourne. Replica bbs are usually a one peice case wheel. The manufacturers dont care about its structural integrity, they just care about the looks of it and if it looks close enough to the real deal.

BBS and all the big name wheel brands put lots and ltos of money into R&D. Extensively testing all of their products and making them better, these replica wheels are made by people who just want to copy the looks, and dont want to waste money on R&D for maximum profit, usually outsourced to taiwan or china. Yes, some OEM wheels are made from china ect, but they're made specifically to the car maker's specifications, and have to exceed a certain level of quality, but for the replica wheels, most dont care to be honest.

BBS replica's are made from a lot of random companies, they dont all come from one factory. There are lots and lots on ebay that are probably bought off alibaba in bulk then resold to the public.

Have a watch of this video, its only 3 minutes, watch it all and pay close attention. You're risking your own and other people's saftey going for a no name replica.

Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathn View Post
    Replicas aren't ideal but I'm just trying to get as much info as I can. I have noticed that people do have replicas and hopefully someone with them responds here.

Cheers.
    what i'm saying is that anyone can make a replica so it comes down to the individual brands.

go read review on xxr and rota, they're probably your most common replica wheelmakers
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC