the T1-R would be a good choise if u have spare money

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    f*k there expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    i've tried TPG's, and then have T1R's on the front now. Grip much better in wet and dry. Feels more planted. Definitely aquaplaning resistance is much better than TPG. (thank the many roundabouts that Sydney has ! )
    Would love to see how they fare at Wakey Pk sometime....

Again it is the next level up from the TPG, so it's expected, at a much higher price.

My tyres are in 195/50/15 size, not 16". So the prices i have are irrelavent for you.
    Aswell as different tyre garages have different prices.

For other readers references, i picked up the T1R (in the above size) for $180ea. You will most probably be able to pick them up for a better price, but that's what happens when you leave rego to the last day... :-( (either buy a cheaper set for the next 30k km's or spend a bit more & try them now for the next 30k kms)

Member Array
    Car:
    Boosted CRX SiR
    The Toyo T1Rs are towards the pricey end of the equation no doubt...I've had prices ranging from $325-$375 (215/35/18) for each corner but from all reports thus far, they do the job & do it well...& I'm someone that places rubber as a high priority on my CRX so I'm in the midst of saving up for them currently...depends on your goals I guess & what order you place characteristics of noise, grip, longevity, price etc...btw, I've also heard some good things coming from the more attractively-priced Hankook Ventus K104s...check them out as well if you can...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    thanks for the great advice guys

have been busy so still haven't had a chance to get more quotes... but seems the T1-R will be a lil too dear.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    R34
    Hankook Ventus K104s - best cheap tyre
    G3 - best street tyre IMO, good balance between grip, noise and wear

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    i was advise u to stay clear of good year eagle F1 gs-d3.....unless i wanted to buy them in i think, dont quote me, bigger then 17inches...this is because the smallers one i.e 16 and under are made in thailand...where as the bigger ones are made in germany...

im running c-drive supposedly better then a539 in all departments (c-dirves replaced a539s) i think they handle pretty good and are very quiet...i dont think many tyres handle well in the wet even if one is better then the other its i still wouldnt push it....

from my experience when i was shopping around for tyres my results were
    (yoko)es100=or>(yoko)c-drive>(bfg) profiler g>(bridgestone)gIII>(firestone)firehawk>(good year)f1 gs-d3>
    as for other brand i wouldnt know as i didnt look at them....

like someone said though cant go wrong with yokos
    gL
    Last edited by quangsta; 04-08-2005 at 02:18 AM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    How about 2x pairs of pirelli's mate

Despite what other memebrs have said i am not a big fan of the T1-R, just not a great wet weather tyre in the dry it is no different to a G3 or Dunlop in the same category.

In any case, you would be safe with any of the above name tyres as they are all hearty and good for at least 40K of hard driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    im also looking at buying a good set of tyres for my 16s, ive decided on the toyo trampio tpg....i heard its a great tyre for the price, the price i got quoted is similar to tonys (luzinit), so yeh thats what im buying
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

I went from ZE-502 (useless) to a set of C-drives in 195/55/15
    it was great, pity I've sold the car now but when the time comes to get new tyres for the R I'd deffiantely be putting c-drives back on, and from wat I can remember they're not all that expensive either

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I have Toyo Trampio's like top pic on previous page, came with car and am very happy with them. Good in dry and wet, nice looking sidewall too. Planning to try Yokohama AVS ES100 or A539's next.