Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Good to hear stevil

was referring to drive with sporty style on street and having confidence over bumpy kind surface, not so much general dailying
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    It would be interesting to hear from people who have had both brands on their car - that's really the only way to be able to tell the difference, as the owner would have driven the same route etc.

I personally believe that the bang for buck end of the market does tend to do well on the track but tend not to perform as well compared to the top end brands on the street where the surface is less smooth.

I have Yellowspeeds on my DC2R and they are fine on the track and on smooth roads, but drive down King Street in Sydney...just shocking. That said, that street is crap even in my peoplemover.

6 of one, half dozen of the other. You're talking budget end of the market - Brand A will be a bit better in one area, Brand B will be better in another.

I believe their build quality is just as good (BC vs GAB), such is the manufacturing in Malaysia and Taiwan these days but they are the budget end of the market, so expect that they will have their compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by axel777 View Post
    street. its my daily. Dunno where they are made but ive seen the BYP boys selling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by integraR View Post
    i think this is the one not made in jp

cos they shut down ages ago
    Yeah, apparently some people get doped into thinking they are =|

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    well acutally

these cheapies will do quite well on the track compared to the streeet... and i would imagine swapping the rear springs on the FD is easier (therefore cheaper) compared to an actual coilover system
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Good to hear stevil

was referring to drive with sporty style on street and having confidence over bumpy kind surface, not so much general dailying
    They've improved some what over the years but still heavily compromised when it comes to the rigids of daily life.

Valving being linear and underdampened in generally equates to harsh ride, this was a particular trait of brands like D2, G4, early spec BCs, etc. This area has been improved a bit recently but still not up to my standard.

Quality wise some get lucky, some don't. I know personally of many people having sets that last a few years before giving up the ghost whilst others just one year in and the top mounts already knocking etc.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    From memory, it's quite clearly labelled on the GAB boxes plus quick internet search will show that GAB is manufactured in Malaysia. I think that in this day and age, if anyone buys anything without at least doing a cursory search just has to man up and not cry about being conned.

As for reliability, it really depends on usage. Some drivers are careful about approaching kerbs, speed humps and potholes whilst others will just drive through them. My friends and I have had Euro brand suspension fail on us "prematurely" as well, so...

What I suspect is that those who have spent a huge amount on their cars tend to take much better care of their cars as well.

What spring rates are on the GAB?

BC BR Gold series were 6:6 and i changed mine to 10:8
    with no extra charge. They just had to send it coilover back to
    the company and get the shocks to match the new spring settings

Im not sure about the policy on GAB but if you want to change the springs to
    stiffer rates make sure you ask before you purchase the Coilover System.
    Most coilovers company can change them and rebuild the shocks free of charge

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Not sure if most coilover dealers will change springs free of charge but I have heard of a few who allow the buyer some choice.

I haven't heard of any coilover dealer / company who will do a rebuild free of charge though!

Quote Originally Posted by Apu View Post
    Not sure if most coilover dealers will change springs free of charge but I have heard of a few who allow the buyer some choice.

I haven't heard of any coilover dealer / company who will do a rebuild free of charge though!
    Just depends where you go. Im not from sydney so i wouldnt really know where to go but I got mine from GarasiAuto in Melbourne and it was quick and easy. http://www.garasiauto.com/
    They do other brands aswell so maybe contact them. If you buy from them remember to Mention you're an OzHonda Member and you get a discount

Garasi does custom spring rates and goes as high as you desire and gets shipped back to the manufacter to get rebuilt and run the new springs correctly with no extra cost. If you keep the original Springs it only takes 3 days to be delivered to your door. Also has 12 Month warranty. Not bad IMO

They have a warehouse in Sydney were they keep most of their stock. So might be even quicker for you haha
    Last edited by Honda_FD; 29-08-2013 at 04:08 PM.

I was looking at the BC BR's but came across AMR engineering coilovers. Seem to have a very good reputation in the US and some OH members run them and say they are great. (thanks to their input as well ) Seriously thinking of them but they are more expensive though. Andy from AMR is really great to talk to as well. Any comments about the AMR's would be welcomed. Group buy anyone?

Expect to wait. Don't be in a rush for them
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    What is your price limit on the purchase+installation? I purchased Teins a few months ago for $930(+some change) delivered to my door...2 year warranty, made in Japan...plus $220 fitting... that being said, it's only used for the street, and it's not "slammed"...I've read BCs go lower.. suffice to say that I'm very happy with them... adjustment is a bit of a pain...but that's because of the car..not the coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    What spring rates are on the GAB?

BC BR Gold series were 6:6 and i changed mine to 10:8
    with no extra charge. They just had to send it coilover back to
    the company and get the shocks to match the new spring settings

Im not sure about the policy on GAB but if you want to change the springs to
    stiffer rates make sure you ask before you purchase the Coilover System.
    Most coilovers company can change them and rebuild the shocks free of charge
    Ill let you in on a secret, they don't change the shocks when you order custom spring rates.....
    Problem?

FFamily