Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro

Metal grinding nosie

Hulo, today I was going down a really BUMPY steep rural dirt road (in neutral slowly rolling down), hit the brakes, car struggled to brake(heavy brake pedal shudder, never happened before) and then suddenly I hear a long squeak. Stopped, got out of the car and looked around and under the bonnet; nothing out of the ordinary. Started driving again and I hear a metal grinding noise.... the noise was coming from the front left side of the car.

After about 10-15 mins of driving the noise went away and hasnt come back ever since however I suspect the issue is still there, anyone have any ideas? Im thinking its a suspension/brakes related issue.
    >>

Might be a pebble / rock stuck inbetween your brake disc and heat shield.
    Or the discs / pads were overwhelmed with dust and dirt getting inbetween the gripping surface

Either way , check the front discs - there might be a slight wear line on the disc suggesting said rock stuck,

Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro
    Thanks for the advice Ben will have a look
    >>

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Might be a pebble / rock stuck inbetween your brake disc and heat shield.
    Or the discs / pads were overwhelmed with dust and dirt getting inbetween the gripping surface

Either way , check the front discs - there might be a slight wear line on the disc suggesting said rock stuck,
    I've had a rock between my rotor and heat shield before... worst noise.