Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EG

How to fix a worn leather steering wheel?

Hey guys,

Im just wondering if anyone has any experience on fixing a worn leather steering wheel.
    I have a DC2R momo non srs steering wheel, the right hand side of my steering wheel is already faded and worn out.

so I would like to hear out some of your opinion/options and recommendation on DIY or any workshops which provide this service and roughly how much?

p.s pretty sure no one likes the steering wheel cover right?

much appreciated
    Last edited by law24; 17-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    post some pictures.
    if its worn then then you would really need to talk to an auto upholstery place unless your skilled in leather work.
    leather is an interesting material and although a diy would be cheapish there are skills you need to be able to get a good finish from it.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    post some pictures.
    if its worn then then you would really need to talk to an auto upholstery place unless your skilled in leather work.
    leather is an interesting material and although a diy would be cheapish there are skills you need to be able to get a good finish from it.
    Pics are up!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    You can try a product called fiebings leather dye, it's a permanent dye that'll bring the black back, then just give it a buff with leather/interior protectant. As for the texture I'm not sure.
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    83, 85 &86 lude
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    You can try a product called fiebings leather dye, it's a permanent dye that'll bring the black back, then just give it a buff with leather/interior protectant. As for the texture I'm not sure.

This or there's leatherique - it's a leather restoring product. If you were in Sydney I would show you how to retrim it.. it's a little tricky to do it via DIY vid and pics. I just covered one in my car with a marine Vinyl and will do it again in leather. See my thread in my sig for details.

Zaahir
    1986 JDM DOHC B20A Gold Top Prelude: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-honda-prelude
    Want JDM? I can source it for you - PM for details