Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

FN2R Exhaust smell and Check engine light

Hey guys,
    After installing the headers i noticed a strong exhaust smell when starting the car and driving... 2-3 days later i drove on a bumpy road and a check engine light came on.
    Any suggestions about this will tuning the car fix the exhaust smell and check engine light issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Could be some coating on the headers burning off, or maybe the sealant if you used any.

As for CEL, are you running an after market cat? If you are you might need a o2 defouler or, its possible that if you used the wrong sealant the o2 sensor is poisoned. Before doing anything, get the code scanned and see what it comes up with.
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

I had that problem to, I fixed it by buying a new sensor installing a high flow cat and tuning the car but it was the sensor that fixed it. I had a strong exhausts smell because I didn't have a cat

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Not running any aftermarket cat and im usimg the old sealant from the stock headers... basically everything is stock except intake n headers .

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    So looks like ill need a cat to rid the smell

Where about are you from anyways??

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Sydney in the wetherillpark area whys that

Ahh jw because if you were in Vic I could recommend you to someone I know. I had intake headers and cat back my check engine light was for the broken sensor when I replaced my headers and I just went to a random exhausts place and got a 2.5" high flow cat and that got rid of the smell hope that helps lol

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Ohh thanks lol ill ask around and get my car checked out ... it should be ok to drive it around right or will I need to get it sorted out asap?

Asap because you never know if it's exactly the same problem I had Lol better be safe then sorry right Lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Cheers will keep you updated on this

Looking forward to it)