Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser

Thoughts on this EM1 for sale

Dear members

Contemplating buying either a DC2 type R or an EM1 but can't seem to make my mind up. Hopefully some members here can supply me with some suggestive information in regards to both of these cars I'm considering.

Contemplating buying this VTi-R coupe as a daily/touge car. What are members thoughts on it?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=9&sdmvc=1

Claims he has all the receipts for a 13k rebuild and parts, All seals, idler bearing, tensioner bearing, timing belt and water pump have been replaced. Including forged internals. The motor was built by Harris engines in NSW. I would have thought a motor with this extent of modification would have made more power.

Would I enjoy driving a DC2 type R more is the question, I believe the DC2R will have a handling advantage to some degree.

But this seems like it's worth an inspection considering the amount of money that's been spent on it.

Only thing I'm concerned about would be deteriorated bushes and how hard of a life the new motors had already.

He claims that the EM1 made 122fwkw on the run in tune and more power could be extracted from it once it wears in a bit but he says the power is perfect as it stands now. Considering a leak down test which the owner has no problem with just for peace of mind.

Best regards Cristos.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Ek1
    If you want to buy an em1 around that amount.. Take a look at LM17ER's for sale thread. Such a clean car! Can vouch for it myself!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Srsly over priced, if you ask me. For not much more you can get into a type r as a daily. 1-2 months of saving more.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    I'd rather just buy a stock dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    No worries guys thanks for the pointers, Was considering the DC2R but can't find one in white with relatively low km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    just one thing, all the genuine honda enthusiast that i know they wont put BBS replica or Xforce headers on their car.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    I don't really see a problem with the Xforce headers but the BBS replicas I can understand. I would have thought considering the extent of the modifications the price tag was quite reasonable.

None of that matters really anyway's because if I end up buying either a DC2R or EM1 there is a JDM K20A swap on the cards.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ1 View Post
    I don't really see a problem with the Xforce headers but the BBS replicas I can understand. I would have thought considering the extent of the modifications the price tag was quite reasonable.

None of that matters really anyway's because if I end up buying either a DC2R or EM1 there is a JDM K20A swap on the cards.

for the money you want to spend, you could pick up a basic kswap. would save the hassle, and it would be alot cheaper then if you were to do the swap yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Can't find any JDM K20A swapped em1's or dc2's.. If I could find one I'd be right on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Can't find any JDM K20A swapped em1's or dc2's.. If I could find one I'd be right on it.
    any particular reason for going jdm k20?

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    More power and more potential as opposed to the K20A2.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    More power and more potential as opposed to the K20A2.
    from what ive seen it has about 10kw atw difference compared to a k20a2 or k20z1 with the same mods. If i was you i would definitely think about k24, cheaper and better power/potential