CL9 Double Din + Head Unit Headaches

Hey guys,

So I did a double din install into the bottom compartment area of my 06 euro and spliced the cables so that the OEM head unit lights up(dosent play) but the double din is powered and runs fine.

It was working fine for about 3-4 months, but it seems that both units have now lost power. The oem screen wont turn on, but the buttons around the screen(air con, etc) still light up fine. The double din has lost all power.

I have checked all the wiring and nothing has come undone, and I have replaced fuse 6 which is the dome/radio fuse. the unit can be heard clicking/powering up when i put a new fuse in, but the screen and the double din wont power up.

Any idea's on what it might be?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    check your ignition signal wire and also your earth

So I tried removing the entire double din system and then plugging in the stock blue radio plug back into the standard radio, but the screen still is off. This is the factory blue plug I did not modify. Is there possibly another fuse in the engine bay that might be linked?

I'm planning to replace any fuse with some discoloration/ blown if I find any, but it would be good if I know which fuse might be the culprit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    i would double check all the wires and fuses, i have done a fair few installs in my time and i have found that you can easily pinch a wire and break it and also blow a fuse at the same time.

might be easier if you have a test light to check the wires to see if they have power going to them too.

Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro
    Does your interior light still work? The stereo constant is run off that fuse as well, if it doesn't you could possibly blew that fuse (number 6 fuse in the drivers footwell)