Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    What brand tyres lad

Some tyres stretch well and some don't.

Regards,

Luke.
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

What look u want is up to you. I don't understand stretching tyres but I'm more into having a car that will function. I won't even run anything less than 205 I my 8 inch rims with my ideal size 225

Your tyres may have a stiff side wall causing it to not like the stretch. As said above some stretch better than others.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    I used to try and stretch ridiculous tyres onto the most over-sized wheels you could imagine all the time when I used to run a tyre shop...

The inside edge of the tyre (bead) is meant to meet the rim at a perpendicular angle (like 90 degs) on a correctly matching wheel and tyre.

What you are doing is forcing the beads to be parallel with the rim from the outside in and they aren't sealing.

If you are trying to stretch something like a set of 195/45 nexens or federals or something rubbish like that, that is why you are failing.

You need to pick a tyre suitable in that size for stretch, like a Toyo T1R... you can make them look like rubber bands and they will hold air and corner without un-mounting them but you will obviously be sacrificing grip and probably buckle your wheels over the first decent pothole you don't notice if your pressures are right.

p.s. the inside of the valve is probably pushing the sidewall directly against the road every time it rolls over it and lets air escape for a fraction of a second while the tyre isn't round...

http://youtu.be/hNn0IxLFMfY?t=13s LOL
    Last edited by nickk; 28-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_son View Post
    just out of curiosity? whats the worst that can happen though, like tyre just rolls out my wheel and i end up driving on the rims? tyre flies into other lane, other road users dodge and they hit other cars and then somebody gets injured, but doesnt that risk come with every other thing we do? you cant tell me you havent speed on the road, thats endangering other road users, let the police do the law enforcement..
    Are you being serious?
    Or asking a rhetorical question?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    yeah thanks mate, that was probably the best thing i've heard lol, thats probably the case, i'm gonna just put wider size tires on them and just figure it out, just out of curiosity, what would be a "safe stretched" tyre size for a 15x9+10 wheel, some people might argue safe and stretch cant be put in one sentence but .. yeh
    225 width.

Go nuts.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    damm you guys sound like every tyre shop i talk to, where the car enthusiast at, cant i be dumb and stupid with my car while i still can :'( yeah i know its stupid and dangerous but i just want to, i know theres risks involved but whatever man lifes too short to be running normal size tires
    this is such a classic "car enthusiast"
    **** so many lols.

inb4 thread about how cops are dogs for defecting him.
    Last edited by tripleuse; 10-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    inb4thread bout how to repair smashed rims
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

inb4thread about repaired rims cracking and fatality.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    inb4 parting out sale because crashed

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    inb4 RIP thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    inb4thread bout the 60 minute episode bout car dumknts stretching tyres