Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT

CL9 - Air Cond Issue

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on my Air cond issue that just occurred over the weekend.

Air cond decided to stop working all of a sudden, didn't notice gradual loss in the coldness recently or anything. Just stopped working whilst i was driving, when i mean not working i mean it doesn't seem to kick in but fan works fine. Switches and all seems to be working and the displays there but i don't get any loss in power as if when the condensor clutch kicks in. I did pop the bonnet to see if there was anything physcically damaged but everything looks fine and no burnt smells or anything.

Just wanted to know if its just an issue thats it needs a regas?, or is there a issue with the condensor? Will be taking it in on thursday to get it checked out but wanted to know some of your thoughts so i can prepare myself and also avoid being ripped off if its just simply requires a regas.

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Maybe your aircon filter .. check that or somethibg

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    I doubt it's the filter as there is air from the fan coming through the vents, just no cold air. Air cond system just seems not to be activating at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Check actual air con motor as these tend to fry
    Or was it condenser
    Either way
    best bet to see a mechanic
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro
    Check the A/C fuse, if nothing seems to happen it could be that simple. If not, look for any oil residue on any refrigerant pipe fittings/hoses, most likely if its a bit oily or greasy, could be a leak. Or could be the compressor clutch has stuffed itself. Could be anything man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    Turns out it's the compressor letting go, worse thing is that it's damn hot in Sydney today. Looks like an expensive fix

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by sameol3 View Post
    Turns out it's the compressor letting go, worse thing is that it's damn hot in Sydney today. Looks like an expensive fix
    yeah you're in for an wallet whooping....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    Yeah, almost had a heart attack when honda quoted me 2.5k to get it replaced. I'd rather trade my car in.... Then have pay for that. Ended up trying my luck on a reconditioned unit, fingers crossed that one will hold up. Can't believe after reading previous threads on how many euros have been affected by this, very poor quality for such an expensive part. I would of went aftermarket if had more time and if wasn't so damn hot.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Second hand and get a mechanic to install
    Win
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Euro Lux
    I have had a similar issue. All of a sudden the a/c stops working but the fan continues to work. Had the system re-gased but from time to time it stops working. I can be driving along with the a/c on and all of a sudden it gets hot and sometimes its a matter of turning it off and on a few times which seems to fix it for a while. My guess is that its a fuse or damaged electrical component. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    I'm guessing your compressor is on the way out. Do you get the kick of when the compressor kicks in when it happens? If you don't then more then likely it's the compressor is dying or the compressor or the compressor clutch isn't engaging. Doubt it's electrical or fuse related as then it wouldn't work at all.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the compressor doesn't kick in, then it is the AC clutch. Usually the thermal fuse has blown. If the compressor fails, you'll hear it. It is not a pleasant sound!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2