Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
I agree with Sam.

If you are wanting to build for boost, you need to first work out how much boost you are going to be running vs what static compression will be optimal for your power outputs. All the machining should be done by and engine builder first so that you know if you need to go first or second oversize pistons, oversize bearings etc & if you need to run a thinner or thicker head gasket.

You then need to think about what you are going to do to your cylinder head. Will you upgrade valve springs, do a port job or run oversize valves?

This is all before you think about fuel, igntion & turbo systems for your power goals
yo josh what if i just wanna rebuild the bottom end so i can run more boost n power? been thinking if i dont end up finding a new car nxt yr im gonna rebuild my bottom end an aim for 200kw@wheels...

do i aim for standard 75mm piston or try and get the over sized ones 75.5mm?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
Turboedit lol.

Man, this is the 2000's. You swap to OBD1 and get a Hondata S300.
If ur in Vic, forget hondata, its a overpriced ecu IMO... Trent does neptune for $950 drive in drive out! BEAT THAT HONDATA LMAO!!!!

And imo i dont see the point of going for such a expensive chipped ecu for such low power levels as ive demonstrated, an easy 130kw@wheels for safe tune, 140kw@wheels on a more aggressive tune but still withing limits, a piggy back is more than sufficient to allow for safe tune with correct ignition, timing and fuel tuning if ur tuner knows how to work with em

But yes, OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness is a must, u can pikup a new harness for 100 from USA, not sure why the aussie dealers charge 2-3 times here when u can import it for for a 1/3 the price!