Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Is OP's wheel damaged at all?

I would like to know, because if it isn't, and the tyre and valve isn't damaged either, then it can only be one thing
    a puncture?
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    a puncture?

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    By your logic the moment boost is increased on a standard turbo motor, the motor isn't safe, even if its half a pound.

The moment you put a larger exhaust on a car, its hurts the childrens ears and they cry.
    His logics correct.By 'safe' he means unreliable, more likely it could fail. The tire is stretched past its limits thus making it more potential to fail, making it unsafe.

The moment you increase boost the moment it comes more unreliable then stock. Like anything in this world if its put outside of its limits it will become more likely to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    His logics correct.By 'safe' he means unreliable, more likely it could fail. The tire is stretched past its limits thus making it more potential to fail, making it unsafe.

The moment you increase boost the moment it comes more unreliable then stock. Like anything in this world if its put outside of its limits it will become more likely to fail.
    That's the same as "upgrading" your discs and calipers to much larger then stock, more likely to completely lock up and cause an accident.

Show me how many stretched tires have failed and been the direct cause of accidents.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    That's the same as "upgrading" your discs and calipers to much larger then stock, more likely to completely lock up and cause an accident.

Show me how many stretched tires have failed and been the direct cause of accidents.
    Not really.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Tires were not manufactured to do that.

The stuff that keeps you connected to the ground should kind of be a priority.

Common sense kicks in for most people before they run a tyre with an outrageously unsafe profile.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    a puncture?
    Read my post again

Is OP's wheel damaged at all?

I would like to know, because if it isn't, and the tyre and valve isn't damaged either, then it can only be one thing
    I seem to recall that he said it wasn't a puncture in one of his posts
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    On a tyre with a lot of stretch, the sidewall contacts the road when cornering. That part of the tyre is not supposed to wear and is critical to handling.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    By your logic the moment boost is increased on a standard turbo motor, the motor isn't safe, even if its half a pound.

The moment you put a larger exhaust on a car, its hurts the childrens ears and they cry.
    exactly, the motor was not designed to take more than what it is. increasing its boost increases your chance of failure. im glad you see the logic now.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post

^exactly

yes of course, if you can show me any situation where 'upgraded brakes' were the sole cause of an accident then i'll concede to you. i've seen many an article of stretched tyres debeading while moving. by some miracle of god nothing happened, but if that were to have exploded? or completely left the wheel? then what?

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Tires were not manufactured to do that.

The stuff that keeps you connected to the ground should kind of be a priority.
    On a tyre with a lot of stretch, the sidewall contacts the road when cornering. That part of the tyre is not supposed to wear and is critical to handling.
    ^not only critical to handling but safety. the sidewall needs space to flex, take away it away from its intended use, and reduce its space in which the sidewall can flex and its a hazard. stretch is not and never will be safe. i understand you're all stance|works and all that jazz, but endangering yourself or other human beings so you can stance your nuts off, or get wheels that shouldn't your car to fit, by using the wrong size tyres is wrong.
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2

still not understanding the concept of within limits.

I dont have any pictures for you nor stories, The main reason would be because i dont hang around fanboy enthusiasts who think its cool to put -10 camber, massive offsets with stretched tires and ridiculous number plates on their cars. But im sure there are fails and when it happens it is quite unsafe.

edit: umad?
    Last edited by tripleuse; 23-10-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    I know stories of stretched tyres coming off the rim during cornering.

Buy nice wheels, run cheapest tyres that stretch on them. Nice.
    part time potato