Thread: respray colors

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    yeah think maybe GPW... that's a flat color aint it
    GPW..?? as in grand prix white??

i searched online for orange for my engine bay colour until i finally found a solid 2k i liked, went to paint shop and found the closest match, stands out heaps but no one i know has the colour.
    try be a little original, in the end you will feel better about having something different then everyone else and it will make it a more personal thing for you...

when i bought solid 2k gloss it cost between $100-$120 a litre but my basecoat vivid blue cost $84 per litre and has pearl and metallic in it. go figure.... well i wondered why this was, my painter (a mate) told me why at the time but forgot something about ingredients, one thing is that basecoat will need a clear and clear needs a booth if you want it down right..

if the body is fairly straight and you are going to do a solid colour on outside you could do alot of the prep yourself and get a mate to spray it if they know how. i used a qualified painter but we sprayed my stripped inside and bay at home, was good enough as its a planned track car. cost me about $500 all up for materials and paying him $150 dollars cash.
    Last edited by urxqsd; 27-10-2013 at 02:10 AM.