Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR

GD3 VTI CVT help help help

hi guys, I have been searching the forum. I want to know if that is the CVT problem or Jazz is being like this? How could I fix this...

haven't drove my wife car for a while. Recently, her car battery run flat.
    After replacing new battery, and I already try to do ECU reset and recalibration method ( running 60KM over then without braking to slow down). And already change Transmission oil.

Now when the car stoping at the traffic night ( stopping for around 30 sec) , when stepping on the accelerator pedal again... the gear seem like it take 1-2 second to engaged again.
    When stopping at slope will be even worser..... the car feel like a Manual... it just rolling backward ....

And when gear in D... when it star to accelerate , it feel very lag.... but when I try in Manual (start from 1st gear) it seem to be ok without the lagging feeling..

anyone can help...? what's the problem is?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Does it Shutter?

Does it feel like its about to stall when taking off from a red light or on a slope?

The manual roll back is normal for the car. Ofcourse try to void with the hill start method.

Also did you use Honda CVT Oil? Or did you jew out (wouldn't blame you the Honda CVT oil cost alot aftermarket only cost a 5th of the price.)

The Aftermarket oils have shown to damage the CVT... well at least not maintain it as well has Honda's CVT.

If its not that bad yet, Just started to notice it.

Flush your Trans Oil x5 with Genuine Honda CVT Oil and your all good.

After that, just replace fluid every 20k KM's
    Last edited by amant02; 10-11-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    yup ... it feel stall when taking off ... but once the car going above 40km/h... the gear seem to be ok... and feel have enough power..

the car was services at Honda ... so the oil should be ok ...
    now the car is 80000KM and transmission oil changed at 71000...

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    All I'm gonna say is good luck mate. Try flushing the CVT, unless switch to manual gearbox if you wanna keep the car.

Since everyone knows about the GD3 CVT, you will find it really hard to sell at a descent price.
    Last edited by amant02; 11-11-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Apparently Honda have been replacing these CVT trannies, even out of warranty.....you just have to push Honda hard hard hard to have it done.

Having said that, it could just be something minor. I'd also double check that Honda CVT fluid was used ( ring and double check ), also the fluid level is important, although tricky to check accurately. I'd disconnect the battery again ( don't forget to stand on the brake pedal a few times after disconnection ( drains any residual charge from the electrical system ), and just do the gentle driving method to reset ( accelerate to 60, roll to low speed, accelerate again, repeat, repeat, repeat )