Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC2R Gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Yeah i can see where you are coming from, but leaving it until it gets worse may damage parts that you might not have had to if you pulled the box apart in its early stage.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    ^This. Yours doesn't sound that bad. Is it crunching everytime you shift to fourth or intermittently? If intermittently id do a flush of gearbox fluid. Chuck in oem with a small tube of the nulon gearbox additive. It takes a few hundred kilometers to work its magic. Did it for a mate who had an intermittent crunch going into third and this worked a treat. By no means is this a fix but it most certainly helps.
    CeeKay > CK > Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    The additive is called Nulon G70. Try premixing 125ml with your choice of gearbox oil. It really helps to fix crunches.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Hmm I would go with what you said but a bit short on cash man spewing :/ @u mad?
    @super-da9 and ceekay101, also got told to add that in hence it's is like magic on the short term but on the long run tends to thicken up and get into bearings and all that other complicated stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Bearings should be getting replaced during rebuild anyway.

The cheap option is to put the additive in now but your not even sure what fluid your running. Honda mtf plus the additive is the best combo in my opinion. But I also had decent results with vmx 80 plus the additive.
    CeeKay > CK > Chris

Ahhk thanks for the heads up, man all I remember ( the definitiong of fish brain is me) the guy telling me he's using 80-90 gearbox oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Thats very thick. from last I remember b series box's loved 75-90? or was it 75-80.

As others have said. bleed and swap the oils at home. See if it makes if it makes a diff before even thinking about a rebuild.

I would do the slys and sell of the gearbox and buy a reconditioned box.

Sell gearbox since its crunching maybe get $700 - 900 for it. Re conditioned one goes for 1.7k so thats ~1k out of pocket still. But she would be newer I hope for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Dunno why anyone would just sell up and buy another box, what if ur new 'reconditioned' box (lol haven't we heard that one before) was as bad or even worse then your current box?

Even though the initial outlay will be more for a rebuild (well, depends how much damage there is) you will be better off in the long run and you have a fresh gearbox.

But before you get too far ahead of yourself, bleed your system and try another (and correct viscosity) g/b fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Dunno why anyone would just sell up and buy another box, what if ur new 'reconditioned' box (lol haven't we heard that one before) was as bad or even worse then your current box?

Even though the initial outlay will be more for a rebuild (well, depends how much damage there is) you will be better off in the long run and you have a fresh gearbox.

But before you get too far ahead of yourself, bleed your system and try another (and correct viscosity) g/b fluid.
    Seeing how 2nd hand itr box's going for 1k, re conded one for $1750 is pretty good.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-New-amp-Used.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Seeing how 2nd hand itr box's going for 1k, re conded one for $1750 is pretty good.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-New-amp-Used.
    How do you know reco box is reco?
    SSpamily

Arghh so many people saying so many different things on g/b oil don't know which one to go with !
    If I do end up doing something with my box it reconditioning it and not buying a recayed one or anything I'm staying with my box can't trust people these days...(in not talking in specific don't get me wrong guys because of personal experience I had stayed that)

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    drain ur current gearbox oil

put some honda mtf (go to honda and buy it, ask for manual gearbox oil)

If crunch persists maybe try what super-da9 has suggested with the additive.