Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    wow

wtf

nice

wow

so s2000
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    prices are back to normal then

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MX-5 NB8A
    Hello everyone,

First time poster, and also in the hunt. I love my MX-5 NB8A, but I think it's time for a little more power, an LSD and some rollover safety. Oh, and that beautiful thing that is the F20c.

Does anyone know anything about this one on carsales: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

Cheers in advance
    Last edited by Duke_Leto; 20-11-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    the owner painted the OEM wheels black, might be other signs of corner cutting, go check it out. And ask us any other questions you may have.

how do you compare the S2k against the MX5? in rigidity etc.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MX-5 NB8A
    I noticed the gloss black stock wheels, and also the black Honda badge. It's not too far, so I'll go look at it. Seems like a good price for an 03 model, however does have reasonably high km's. Clean looking interior from the one main photo.

I have only driven one s2000; it was the only dealer who had one available in QLD: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de.../?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

Good engine, clutch pedal could have used some adjusting. Roof was on its last legs, blue paint showed lots of scratches, front bar respray with some slight paint damage still visible on the passenger front guard where it met the bar. Someone has misjudged a few kerbs in its life, as it had some damage down on the passenger sills. I think all the clips in the boot were missing also. And seriously, what dealer tries to sell a car with a steering wheel that isn't aligned? Had fun anyway.

My MX-5 was made in 98 (as the 99 model) and only has 70K Km's on the clock. It's in pretty good condition. I have some basic mods: lightened flywheel and clutch, headers, exhaust and Koni sports suspension, nice set of BBS rims. And to put my thoughts into perspective, I only had 5-10 minutes driving the s2000 (on public roads, and it wasn't my car, so I was reasonably gentle). You certainly notice the extra weight of the s2000, however it does feel more planted and the chassis much more rigid. The MX-5 feels more nimble, but also twitches to every bump and crease in the road. Didn't expect the turning circle to be as large as it was on the s2000. Gearbox in the s2000 was very nice, lighter than the MX-5 but still with that positive engagement feel. Much more room in the s2000. I'm not really sure the s2000 needs the electric roof (weight?);I could probably put the MX-5's down quicker and it's all manual. Power and general perkiness of the engines can't really compare. And for a stock exhaust, it sounds very nice. I'm a big fan of NA cars, and having 9krpm to play with was awesome. Think it's going to take some practice not shifting too early. Don't really have the experience in the s2000 to go into any more depth.

The MX-5 is a great, cheap, fun and reliable little car. The s2000 is in a somewhat different league.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i find it funny that the s2000 has more interior space, i cant even crack my back in mine.

the s2000 is noticably larger than the mx5, maybe the thought the roof might be too hard to reach for some, since the roof is a lil narrow and the car a lil wider. it doesnt make for much extra weight.
    i think you could make the s2000 twitchy the ap1 v1 (99-01) has hard rear suspension and soft front (thinner sway bars + springs) which can make for a white knuckle ride that feels like it throws you into corners.
    my02-03 is more refined stiffer front end, softer rear.
    the facelift 04+ they went for a front which is stiffer than the rear and fixed up the rear bump steer issues by changing the tie rod geometry.
    the later models are easier to drive fast as the front would let go before the rear generally, and you didnt have to be so anal about making sure the wait was settled when you throw it into corners.

just some things to take into account.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MX-5 NB8A
    I guess I'm somewhat use to driving something a bit more go-kart like. And certainly I wasn't highlighting twitchy (MX-5) as being a desirable trait. In fact, in the wet with the absence of an LSD it can be downright treacherous/dangerous or awesome, depending on your level of car control

I'm reasonably up on the various changes of the s2000 throughout the year models, but reading and driving are two different things. And the track is really the only safe place to truly push a car safely. Thanks for you input Baby Face (I'm guessing by your reputation that you aren't 12 and yet to shave lol).

Spoke to the owner of the black one listed above. Seemed like a pretty good guy, black wheels and badge are plastidip, so can remove if desired. I said that if I wanted to proceed after seeing the car this Sunday, I would be looking at an RACQ master check and a compression test (master check only does comparative compression test). Hope it turns out well and I will give my impressions on the vehicle after I look at it. Unless it's awesome and I don't want anyone else snatching it up, in which case I will say that it was broken. Everywhere.

Regards,

Jonathon

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/EK4/EJ8
    I'm after a GPW/Yellow S2K with AP2 goodies

Anyone know any info about this one here?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liver...000/1032464094

this look good and low km as well. Car have been resprayed to Mazda cx9 pearl white .
    Last edited by drifter; 21-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    baby face is actually 30 y.o asian with baby face features
    Nek minit cross dressing - win austrralian beauty pagent
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MX-5 NB8A
    Thanks for the mental picture Jasemas.

Drifter: Don't have any information on the S2K listed, but it does look pretty nice. Looks like 17" rims (maybe even 18") and it does have a few AP2 bits on it (so not sure why the seller says everything is standard except a cold air intake). Wouldn't you list that it has the AP2 front bar, rear bar and tail lamps? Be nice if it had a few more pictures. Are you up for an interstate journey to see it? You could arrange an NRMA inspection before you bother to go down to see it. Or, hopefuly there's someone on the forum who's checked it out already.
    Last edited by Duke_Leto; 22-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Leto View Post
    I guess I'm somewhat use to driving something a bit more go-kart like. And certainly I wasn't highlighting twitchy (MX-5) as being a desirable trait. In fact, in the wet with the absence of an LSD it can be downright treacherous/dangerous or awesome, depending on your level of car control

I'm reasonably up on the various changes of the s2000 throughout the year models, but reading and driving are two different things. And the track is really the only safe place to truly push a car safely. Thanks for you input Baby Face (I'm guessing by your reputation that you aren't 12 and yet to shave lol).

Spoke to the owner of the black one listed above. Seemed like a pretty good guy, black wheels and badge are plastidip, so can remove if desired. I said that if I wanted to proceed after seeing the car this Sunday, I would be looking at an RACQ master check and a compression test (master check only does comparative compression test). Hope it turns out well and I will give my impressions on the vehicle after I look at it. Unless it's awesome and I don't want anyone else snatching it up, in which case I will say that it was broken. Everywhere.

Regards,

Jonathon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    baby face is actually 30 y.o asian with baby face features
    Nek minit cross dressing - win austrralian beauty pagent
    from facebook

Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    from facebook

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RenzokukenJ again.
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum