Greetings from NYC! Moving to Perth!

Hello fellow Honda enthusiasts!

My name is Stephen and I'm from NYC over in the states. I have the opportunity to move to Perth and stay with a friend who has been living there for quite some time now. I am 30yrs old and have been building Honda's for the last 15yrs. I just wanted some feedback and what to expect in my move to Perth. I am also currently working at a Honda dealership here as a level A Technician, and would love to continue my career in Perth. What I would really love to do is become involved with a tuner shop there.

How is the scene?

Cost of parts..for example a B18C swap here goes for roughly $2,000-$2,500 USD.

What are the average wages for someone working as a Technician for a dealership?

I'm also concerned with how difficult it might be in order for me to obtain a driver's license??

Also...what's it like living in Perth? What should I know?

lastly, no introduction would be complete without showing you guys some photos! Here are the last 3 cars that I have built!

1000hp S2000:

800hp Integra:

400hp SOHC Civic my personal car:

thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by NYCyank; 03-12-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    welcome abourd bro

great pics and sweet builds there

can you tune?

I haven't gotten too heavy into tuning aside from creating maps just to drive the car safely to my actual tuner. Honestly, I've always been too afraid to blow up something that either I spent a ton of money on or someone else spent a ton of money on.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    holy fuk, nice!

oh and welcome
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    97 ek4r
    Thats sick ass wish u can bring it her to australia.

Welcome abourd

that S2000 is amazing.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Holy shit that's awesome
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Very nice builds...
    Welcome,.if u decide to.come.to aus...

To.answer some.of ur questions...
    A type r b swap.will set u bak around 3-4k
    But ur average mechanic.wage at a honda dealer ship.with ur experience will.b something.like 800-1000 a week...

I.have no idea about the.scene in.perth...
    But come.to Melb, the scene is crazy and there are a.few perfomance shops thst do.mainly.hondas u could.hook up with...

Good.luck champ