Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    actually not what I expected..ahahaha.. thought it would look more like the audi a4 wagon...now thats nice!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Proud Euro Owner!
    omg only if we get all these gadgets! damn the japanese :P

any one found a jap spec euro here?

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    And who would think that it's made in England?!?!

Rod

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Wagon 24T
    I haven't bought this car yet. Still making up my mind. However it is cheap. Has all books (in Japanese), full service history (on the nav system, it tells you when maintenance is due).

Has 50000kms on it, when the aircon is on at idle you can feel compressor surge is that normal?

Also has quite a tick from the motor. Sound very like coming from injectors, do the K24s have loud injectors?

Anyone had rear wheel bearing problems? Has a bit of noise from the back wheel area but could just be tyre noise.

These are around $25-27K NZ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze
    I haven't bought this car yet. Still making up my mind. However it is cheap. Has all books (in Japanese), full service history (on the nav system, it tells you when maintenance is due).

Has 50000kms on it, when the aircon is on at idle you can feel compressor surge is that normal?

Also has quite a tick from the motor. Sound very like coming from injectors, do the K24s have loud injectors?

Anyone had rear wheel bearing problems? Has a bit of noise from the back wheel area but could just be tyre noise.

These are around $25-27K NZ
    Regarding the aircond compressor, yes, my sedan Accord Euro does the same from new. You can even feel the compressor vibration through the steering wheel when at full stop idle.

My motor doesn't have a tick, but it is loud, louder than the K24 in the CRV. I think it's the camshaft assembly + chain that is loud. The CRV's K24 also has a cam chain, so I'm not sure why the Accord's is louder.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze
    Are there any really bright sparks anywhere who can mod them? It is the same as the TSX one- is there a Jap/English switch anywhere?
    As a best guess I would say that there is not much chance of you being able to mod the navi to make it useful. If you are interested, there is an interesting thread at a tsx forum that talks about mods they have done in the US to the navi system:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=25

I have not read it all but I think they change just basic things like background image and removing the nag screen. Maybe you could change it to english but I wouldn't count on it.

As a real long shot maybe you could talk to the company that make the navi maps in NZ. For example one of the ones in AUS is sensis and they sell dvds for some NAVI systems http://www.whereis.com:80/whereis/pr..._invehicle.jsp

I expect if you used something like this you would loose all of the car specific functionality though.

Good luck

Maybe you could buy a dvd off honda nz if they use the same system (when it is released):

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0506/S00369.htm

Edit: looks like it might be a third party system that honda nz is bundling - not the integrated one like in Japan. So a dvd swap probably won't work

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/news/items/2005_06_21c.html

"... integrating the LCD screen in the centre console pocket – allowing it to be concealed behind the pocket cover when parked or driving using voice guidance ..." This is in a different location to the Japanese models
    Last edited by fabcat; 09-08-2005 at 02:25 AM. Reason: got more info