Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    Because the RBB manifold is actually a very well-designed and well-suited part to the Euro's characteristics. It is designed for mid-range torque and when people say "it sacrafices top end" for that, it doesn't, because they're speaking about builds where they plan to rev to 8000rpm+ (way out of the RBB's league). The RBB is almost perfectly suited to the Euro's redline, VTC gears and hunger for air, as Chris F has proven that with a bored RBB and bigger throttle body you can make huge mid-range gains and hold good peak power for a while.

The only place you'll lose power with an RBB compared to an RBC is in the early revs up to about 3800rpm and after about 6500rpm. That 2700rpm chunk in the middle is the most important of the whole rev range, though, so the benefit is gone.

This is of course with the standard ECU with its standard VTC settings, because that too has been set up for the RBB's longer runners. I have confidence that with stand alone tuning (the ability to do VTC) and increase the redline the RBC could be as good-a-performer as the RBB with stock cams, but with the ability to rev higher (assuming the cams and valvetrain could).

I speak from experience though as I've done every bolt on and the RBC, including a header and exhaust with more flow than most being run on Euros and a larger TB.

At the end of the day though, the RBC (and the similiar RRC) are very, very good parts. I mean Honda wouldn't put them on the Type Rs if they weren't. But you can't bolt a part from a completely different engine such as the K20A onto a K24 and expect its stock tuning, cams, VTC etc. to take kindly to it.

/endbitchsession
    thanks integral, that was a great write up and i really appreciate your time. Im aiming towards a better torque curve rather than high peak power as i hardly reach 6000+rpm on the roads anyway, at most i will be tracking the car every now and then which wont really require such high rpm. I think ill take ur advice and stick with the rbb and larger tb. Did you use a tsx tb? may i ask where you sourced it from and how much? and where can i get it bored? dont really want to do it myself as im scared ill stuff it up, if u dont mind doing it for me, i can pay u :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    thanks integral, that was a great write up and i really appreciate your time. Im aiming towards a better torque curve rather than high peak power as i hardly reach 6000+rpm on the roads anyway, at most i will be tracking the car every now and then which wont really require such high rpm. I think ill take ur advice and stick with the rbb and larger tb. Did you use a tsx tb? may i ask where you sourced it from and how much? and where can i get it bored? dont really want to do it myself as im scared ill stuff it up, if u dont mind doing it for me, i can pay u :P
    No problem, man. I got the 06+ TSX throttle body from America and Chris F got his from the same guy. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/OEM-Impo...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I got mine from him for about $230AUD. If you get an 06+ one you won't need to get it bored as it should be able to flow more than enough air for the stock cams. When I bought my RBC the inlet had already been port-matched to the same 64.5mm as the TB.

I've never really done any port-matching or boring myself, but you can always do what Chris F did and buy a spare RBB manifold and do your work on that one. If you really want me to try and give you a hand you can always come around to mine and we can have a go at it (as long as you've got tools and you've undone the bottom bracket for the RBB)

If the car is only going to see the track a few times then yeah, RBB would be more than sufficient. If you're planning (later on) getting stand-alone tuning and tracking the car more, the RBC might be a good option as it does give you better throttle response than RBB. But from what it sounds like you want to do, RBB is (as said before,) perfect
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

just wondering, how does a bigger tb effect low down torque and fuel economy??