Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Cos i have a HKS supercharger lined up for a Gen1 crx with a ZC and I know i can boost it up with just a change of the pulley... thought JRS were thesame.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Of course you can speed the supercharger up by changin the pulley, but all blowers have a rev limit. For example, the Eaton M62 in the JRSC kits is 14000rpm IIRC. Push it too far and it will just overheat and destroy itself.

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    Cos i have a HKS supercharger lined up for a Gen1 crx with a ZC and I know i can boost it up with just a change of the pulley... thought JRS were thesame.
    tell me how you go mate as i've been lookin down the same track

As far as i'm aware the JRSC are the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Although the vortech emulates a turbo, the power curve would still be more linear than a turbo wouldnt it? Im thinking this would be a good ( but hella expensive ) alternative to turbo. Although turbo would be real nice. i just think that maybe the supercharger would be more useful on the street, like the power on tap instead of laggn and then massive surge.

Does it really cost twice as much as a turbo though?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    4HC218-010SQ99-00 Civic Si w/V-5 SQ G-Trim, Satin$5,216.00
    4HC218-018SQ99-00 Civic Si w/V-5 SQ G-Trim, Polished$5,532.00
    4HC218-020SQ99-00 Civic Si w/V-5 SQ G-Trim & Cooler, Satin$7,141.00
    4HC218-028SQ99-00 Civic Si w/V-5 SQ G-Trim & Cooler, Polish$7,455.00

Considering these kits include fuel system and piggy back ecu, i think they are pretty good value for money. Jackson Racing kits are good for low down power and torque, but lack power at the top end of the rev range (where you really want to use it).

Next time you take your car for a thrash, see how often it dips under 4000rpm. Vortech is definately the go.

I'd consider a turbo kit providing i could get a manifold that retains my air conditioning (yeah, i'm soft :P).

On a side note, Jackson Racing Kits up the boost by using a larger crank pulley. Water injection can be implemented to provide some form of intercooling, but to also provide a better seal between the rotors and the housing.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGANG
    Although the vortech emulates a turbo, the power curve would still be more linear than a turbo wouldnt it? Im thinking this would be a good ( but hella expensive ) alternative to turbo. Although turbo would be real nice. i just think that maybe the supercharger would be more useful on the street, like the power on tap instead of laggn and then massive surge.

Does it really cost twice as much as a turbo though?
    if by good alternative you mean makes a whole hell of a lot less power for the money, then yes it is!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    how many vortech boosted hondas have ppl had experience with to make these judgements???
    i havent seen or heard of any, the size of a vortech compared to a turbo is significant, i think a good setup with vortech would give good results.

Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    have a look at this guys car from itrca, from what i remember reading its stock except for intake and cam gear i THINK. He's running a JRSC at 5.5psi and pulling 13.8 or so he claims;

http://www.itrca.com/gallery/2000R/index.php

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    any vortech hondas online??

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ
    so if i buy the jr supercahrger... hondata tuned
    i could run 6psi daily without any issues?

Would it be a much easier/cleaner installtion with less maintenance?

noting not as powereful as turbo..
    For sure, im flying to QLD on Thursday and installing a Jackson racing supercharger on a DC5r the results im sure are going to create much more interest with superchargers. Superchargers are much better than people give them credit for !! hmm 200kw+ DC5r that’s what I’m hoping for.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    BLKCRX, done any VOTECH's??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    To my knowledge, CAPA hasn't sold any Vortech Civic Kits in Australia. Only S2000 and 350Z Kits. There have been a few Jackson Racing Kits sold over the years.

If i ever put a Vortech kit on my EK4, I'll make sure i post something in the forums

Here's an example of a Jackson Racing Kit:

http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/Page...m/hondaBOD.htm
    http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/Page...m/hondaeng.htm
    http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/Pages/custom/HONDAP.htm

Approx 35% gain in power.