Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GoldFDRR

HID Kits for the FD 2008

Hi guys, im thinking of getting a HID kit for my stock headlights on my 2008 FD. But i recently heard from a friend that they are 'illegal'/ something along the lines of without a projector. Can anyone point me to a legal HID kit or 'blue lights' or some sort?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2, S15
    Without projectors your light will just disperse everywhere and blind oncoming drivers. Its illegal without projectors but most people still do it anyways, rare chance that you'll get done for it though.
    Have you ever came across a car with really bright white lights that is pretty much hitting your face and makes you squint your eyes? well there you go, high chance that those are people with HID's without projectors.

ADRs states that vehicles equipped with HID lighting systems must have auto-leveling and washers.

ANYWAYS if you're looking for HID's with a tint of blue go for 8000k and above. Different companies vary, Im running 6000k on my s15 (they're white) i also have 8000k but to me they were a bit too blue. Just make sure you adjust it and point it downwards.
    If i recall HID's for FD's for low beam are HB4 and foggies are H11 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    Last edited by kikimushroom; 19-01-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Rep me if i have helped you

Quote Originally Posted by kikimushroom View Post
    Without projectors your light will just disperse everywhere and blind oncoming drivers. Its illegal without projectors but most people still do it anyways, rare chance that you'll get done for it though.
    Have you ever came across a car with really bright white lights that is pretty much hitting your face and makes you squint your eyes? well there you go, high chance that those are people with HID's without projectors.

ADRs states that vehicles equipped with HID lighting systems must have auto-leveling and washers.

ANYWAYS if you're looking for HID's with a tint of blue go for 8000k and above. Different companies vary, Im running 6000k on my s15 (they're white) i also have 8000k but to me they were a bit too blue. Just make sure you adjust it and point it downwards.
    If i recall HID's for FD's for low beam are HB4 and foggies are H11 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    +1

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    If you don't wanna be a dick with HIDs just go with Philips Diamond white lights, white light with hint of blue.

HID's on our FDs are overkill and very blinding from the front and rear view.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I recommend the crystal visions, diamond visions are more whiter looking but they're hard to see with in the rain
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GoldFDRR
    thanks guys, ill have a look into it

I have 6000k HIDs in mine, I found the stock head lights too dim so I made the switch and am very pleased with them. Just be sure to adjust them properly so you don't blind other motorists.

Through my experiences Anything between 6000k and 8000k is the best for our headlight.
    Im currently using 10,000k after my 8000k blew. And i kind of regret getting 10,000.
    Its just blue and the distance isnt as far. Thats the shit thing about HIDs in a non-projected housing.
    The higher you go the shorter the distance is.

@Dori*mon
    Did you take your bumper off for the install?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    looks like it... lol!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post

@Dori*mon
    Did you take your bumper off for the install?
    Yup, did fog lights too and had to re fit the bumper anyway as I had some pushed out clips.

If the FD takes H7 bulbs.
    you can use HIDs without the glare.

But you will need H7R bulbs.
    These bulbs have tape on the top to cut out the glare

But stick with halogens.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    it takes HB4
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC