Page 1491 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 4919911391144114811488148914901491149214931494150115411591 ... LastLast
Results 17,881 to 17,892 of 21004
    Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    Injen CAI, does that cause CEL? Or is that more of an American civic thing. and where to get a flashpro for R18a engines? Do they even exist? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Yolo swag #2014

Quote Originally Posted by SharkChu View Post
    Injen CAI, does that cause CEL? Or is that more of an American civic thing. and where to get a flashpro for R18a engines? Do they even exist? haha
    CEL after install, take off battery terminal for 10min and put it back on and let the car idle for 5-10min after. will get rid off it

Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    Yolo swag #2014

CEL after install, take off battery terminal for 10min and put it back on and let the car idle for 5-10min after. will get rid off it
    You'll only get a CEL light if you try and start the car whilst you're installing it, I know because I saw someone do it ;-), twas a very irresponsible move on their behalf.

But you're best to remove both the positive and negative terminals to ensure the ECU resets itself, so when you do start up the first time its starting fresh :-).

Wouldn't bother trying to tune unless you're trying to go down the turbo or supercharger path, and even then I hope you have a pot of gold hidden somewhere ;-).

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    You'll only get a CEL light if you try and start the car whilst you're installing it, I know because I saw someone do it ;-), twas a very irresponsible move on their behalf.

But you're best to remove both the positive and negative terminals to ensure the ECU resets itself, so when you do start up the first time its starting fresh :-).
    happened after install was finished for mates FN2R(bitch install i might add)

but yea like master lolmclol-sama said, remove both negative and postive (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    Okay, getting the Injen and Hydroshield.

Now the issue about my stock exhaust not fitting the mugen RR kit... I can't just, get the mechanic to just shift it over? It doesnt work like that does it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Okay, getting the Injen and Hydroshield.

Now the issue about my stock exhaust not fitting the mugen RR kit... I can't just, get the mechanic to just shift it over? It doesnt work like that does it?
    just look under the exhaust and take it off its hangers and move it lower. though it'll be hanging on 1 (thats what my Js racing is atm)

burnt my bumper and RR rear lip when it was hanging properly<.<

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    just look under the exhaust and take it off its hangers and move it lower. though it'll be hanging on 1 (thats what my Js racing is atm)

burnt my bumper and RR rear lip when it was hanging properly<.<
    Okay as long as it won't just fall off in the middle of driving, I'll let my mechanic know.

In terms of Injen, would it be wise to put a metal plate, like a shield under the CAI to block any water that may splash up?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Okay as long as it won't just fall off in the middle of driving, I'll let my mechanic know.

In terms of Injen, would it be wise to put a metal plate, like a shield under the CAI to block any water that may splash up?
    the hydro shield should help it BUT just be cautious of driving in big puddles, if you see one just floor it before you reach the puddle so the intake wont suck any water in.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    the hydro shield should help it BUT just be cautious of driving in big puddles, if you see one just floor it before you reach the puddle so the intake wont suck any water in.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IN-STOCK-...item4618008acf

This should fit right? Same model number as the one on JDMyard website.

EDIT: Also, the one on JDMyard/ebay are dry filters right? Did some research and getting mixed results ahaha.
    Last edited by SharkChu; 24-01-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    The shield is more for keeping it clean, won't do shit if the pod is submerged in water. Just be careful and you'll be right, bit of water here an there ain't nothing.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    Since we're on the subject of intakes...
    my warranty is gonna run out may this year, I've been eyeing on this for awhile. It's abit overkill but lets just say I would like the noise.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-D...P3082C349.aspx