keyless entry replacement 2000 Accord

Hi everyone,

Actually lost the remote for keyless entry of my 2000 Accord (3 button). I rang the local dealership who quoted 210 for the part and 60 to program.

I found lots of these on ebay for $50 approx that includes reprogramming instructions (instructions are simple talk about turning the key).

The sites talk about dealer-installed vs factory installed systems. I cannot work out the difference. Can anyone help here?

Has anyone gone through a similar experience? Did it work for you?

The difference between 270 and 50 is substantial but obviously needs to work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Let me know if you need more info.

Phil

hi i was looking at getting a spare remote also but i think most of the remotes on ebay are for american or canadian cars and you need one with the same serial number as yours if im not mistaken.

Thanks for your response.

Thats my concern will these American / Canadian remotes work here. I guess at $30 compared to the $220 it is worth a shot.

The other question is what model is the equivalent to mine in the US.
    I have a Accord 2000 VTI L Sport. I assumed that would be a EX in the US based on what comes standard on the model. However, I read that VTI L is equivalent to an LX model in the US. That doesn't match up with what comes as standard compared to options on the car so a little confused.

Any advise here? There is a difference in the model of remote based on this.

http://www.remotesandkeys.com/Articles.asp?ID=1438

I guessed EX also as it looks like my remote with the addition of the panic button.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    how'd that go man? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my civic

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord
    I'm sure many wonder about remotes, immobiliser, installation and compatibility.
    For example, I'd like to know options for an immobiliser for my 94 Accord.
    Can I purchase a Honda immobiliser?
    What are the recommend aftermarket choices?

I believe the relevant Australian Standard is AS 4601, however according to the following report (2001) many cars have had non-complant immobilisers installed:
    http://www.ocsar.sa.gov.au/docs/cars/11.pdf

General information is contained on this brochure: http://www.maribyrnong.vic.gov.au/Fi...iserDLBro6.pdf

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Why not get in contact with an aftermarket alarm service
    Who will fix everything up for you?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    American remotes won't work. You need to figure out what frequency it will work with and then find the suitable remote. I think a locksmith will be able to trek you from their databases.

I am looking to get a spare for my car also
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC