Page 1513 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 51310131413146315031510151115121513151415151516152315631613 ... LastLast
Results 18,145 to 18,156 of 21004
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRyder View Post
    Hey Honda_FD, friend of mine asked if that is a real Type R??

I'm possibly looking to join the FD club here soon...haha
    Not genuine. BUT! Geuine parts.
    If i remember correctly.. He shipped over a smashed FD2R and swapped everything over.
    Interior ect. ect.. Not 100% Sure. Think he was Korean. Didnt understand much of what he was saying lol

Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    sway bars for civic FD1
    ultra, cusco and whiteline which one is the best to get guys?
    Honestly. I would just go for the OEM Civic Si swaybars.
    If i remember correctly. They are 25mm Solid front and 17mm rears.

Someone correct me if im wrong..
    Last edited by Honda_FD; 05-03-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Honestly. I would just go for the OEM Civic Si swaybars.
    If i remember correctly. They are 25mm Solid front and 17mm rears.

Someone correct me if im wrong..
    I got Ultraracing RSB installed last week. Notice the difference, I purposely go slightly faster around corners xD , had some wheel sliding once =/

I tried getting OEM Civic Si before I chose UR, but had trouble getting it shipped from the US, due to size restrictions..

Stock FD front is 24mm, and rear is 11mm (it literally looks like a tree twig). So I went with the 19mm UR instead of the crazy think 23mm cusco/whiteline. ultra racing also makes 16mm which I saw via ebay as well.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkChu View Post

I tried getting OEM Civic Si before I chose UR, but had trouble getting it shipped from the US, due to size restrictions..
    That's the reason why I only asked about Cusco, Ultra or Whiteline

Quote Originally Posted by SharkChu View Post
    Stock FD front is 24mm, and rear is 11mm (it literally looks like a tree twig). So I went with the 19mm UR instead of the crazy think 23mm cusco/whiteline. ultra racing also makes 16mm which I saw via ebay as well.
    If they all had the same price which one would you go for? still Ultra Racing?

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    That's the reason why I only asked about Cusco, Ultra or Whiteline

If they all had the same price which one would you go for? still Ultra Racing?
    UR, only cause johnnyFD I think, or was it Aeris, had an issue of the Cusco snapping off, when he hit a corner edge on the road, I believe it's just too stiff and not enough flex to maintain integrity. But going from 11mm to 19mm already a big difference, not to mention stock is hollow, and the aftermarkets i believe are full metal bars. Only thing, the UR holes are smaller than our civic's holes, so they have to widen the hole slightly, as the mechanic at shiftperformance, say's they slightly uncomfortable as this can reduce the strength of the holes holding the bar. But so far so good.

Can't speak for Cusco, or whiteline, besides that they are thicker and provide better stability. there's a fella in the parts for sale section selling the whiteline RSB, prob can ask him for feedback on it.

Hi guys,

Im selling my FD, i have a fd2r rear bar and maybe fd2r seats if you guys are interested

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=9&sdmvc=1

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    Hi guys,

Im selling my FD, i have a fd2r rear bar and maybe fd2r seats if you guys are interested

brian, price on rear bar and fd2r seats , let me know

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi-kun View Post
    Hi guys,

I notice you have a rr bonnet.

Hows the vents? How do the vents stop water from entering the engine bay?
    and any issues with running with that bonnet?

Stevil?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Stevil noOooOoooo!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    uh oh stevil
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    You pricks stealing my thunder !!!

yeah yeah how does 2 Blown Motors in 14 days sound !! lol

1st motor was approaching 130,000km, been absolute abused as NA at 15 trackdays, valve bounced allday everyday at 7psi for the last 12mths which included 6 tracks, solid 148.4kw ATW. bottom end bearing eventually failed.

anyway I threw another motor in and I thought phuck it lets turn the boost up to 10 psi !! Holy Shit power went up a nice 24kw atw but torque went up by 50nm atw. This meant that instead of the stock 170NM, my poor little conrods now had to deal 350+ NM at only 3,500rpm. Yep I managed to squeeze in a twilight session at the Creek last week and the speeds were 10-15kmh quicker everywhere. I was short shifting at 5,500rpm such was the torque ! pulled well over 200kmh down the main straight and finished the nite in 1 piece.

Well that was the good bit, then Tues after work sth of Nowra in a 60 zone 1 of the rods decided the party was too much, all the engine oil was dumped back onto the turbo manifold ( could barely see past the white cloud ) pulled over n grabbed the fire ext as I was thinking it would surely go up in flames !

Anyway got a motor with only 40,000km on it so its in and Im back to 7 PSI ! where it will stay for the time being ............

bit of Video my mate recorded from his 450kw/840NM XR6 trackcar ( does 1.08s at Wakefield ), not going hard as this was my first session at 10 Psi and I was concerned about the Exedy clutch not holding the torque, it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LzlV5YZzsU
    Last edited by Stevil; 08-03-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yeh i didn't really want to sound spiteful before but putting 10psi in a stock motor is a big ask
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC