Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

[CL9} OEM exedy Clutch kit + Light weight Chromoly flywheel

I'm new to this so take it easy if i make a mistake.
    My car began to 'shutter' at times when i was taking off because of a failed burnout attempt. So basically decided to change it.
    I just bought the kit from gripforce US, paid $450 incl shipping for a OEM exedy clutch kit and F1 racing chromoly flywheel. Now i know exedy (daiken) is a well known known brand, but what about this F1 Racing?
    I searched around, a lot hate the OE, stage 1 and 2 clutch kits they supply, but no one has anything to say (good or bad) about their flywheels. I know it states that it met with SFI.1.1 specs and is rated to 12000 rpm, but still.
    I am a little worried that the walls between the holes (outside the were the bolts go), the fabrication seems ok, just the holes seem a little too close for my comfort.

My question is, has anyone dealt with, or had experience with their flywheels or chromoly flywheels in general? are they realiable?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EXEDY-OE-...item230db3d1ba

here are some images of what i got, and the link to their ad on eBay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2256.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	19590

Name:	IMG_2265.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	19595

Name:	IMG_2262.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	19593

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	19594

Name:	IMG_2263.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	19592

Name:	IMG_2266.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	19591

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Does anyone have or had a problem with these lightweight flywheels?

only one way to find out. put it on and write a review about it :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Well I still haven't got around to getting it changed. But was wondering a few things.

1. The car still engages gear, but sometimes needs force and might slightly crunch and not glide straight in as it would if i was in stand still.

2. My rear engine mount needed replacing from an act I done =), could my transmission mounts have broken as well? Could that be causing my unease gear changing?

3. My car makes a squeak noise when I apply half clutch and moderate throttle (taking off uphill), and was told my flywheel is slipping ??

Experience/ thoughts and theories are welcome.

Also, I know this was answered but, what is a reasonable price to get it changed?
    Last edited by Mustie; 11-09-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    noise could be clutch release bearing when up hill.

the screeching noise when taking off uphill while clutch is half in is definitely the release bearing. I have the same problem with my euro but my clutch is still going really good, no signs of slipping. there is heaps of threads on tsxclub about the clutch bearing noise if you want to google that up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9
    can you buy an "acura TSX" clutch from the states and not have issues fitting it to a euro?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150737117...ht_2966wt_1054

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by glazewolf View Post
    do lightweight flywheels go on autos too?
    No we dont
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    can you buy an "acura TSX" clutch from the states and not have issues fitting it to a euro?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150737117...ht_2966wt_1054
    Yer tsx clutch is fine even the k20 clutch will fit which is what i had in my but has to be mated with a k20 flywheel

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

Thumbs up Final word from Clutch Install

Hey guys, i thought i would put my final input in for this.
    Its been 2 years since i bought my clutch kit and flywheel and here is my long awaited experience.
    At first I was quite nervous of installing the flywheel as I noticed that the wall thickness was pretty small (see above). On top of that, I had a lot of people telling me that these aftermarket flywheel are no good etc. So my nerves did kick in when I went to install this.

Installed the clutch and flywheel Oct of last year. since then I have completed about 7500 klms. The clutch and flywheel both seem fine.

Ok grip, and flywheel lets the car run smoother and easier. When the lights are on, it does not struggle as much.

Only slight issue is if you have the ac on and you are trying to change down gears, the revs drop quite quickly. Was pretty hard trying to teach my wife how to drive manual.

NOTE: for those who do not know, do not baby the crap out of your new clutch, you can even hit the high revs as well. Just make sure you do not ride the clutch.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    yes that was right, was replaced on clutch change and all good now

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    This flywheel is a piece of crap, dont go with it. Take k20 flywheel off RSX-S or ep3 ctr , its light and strong