Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry to hear mate that really stinks! If this helps i once had a woman send me a letter threatening legal action demanding money even though i was insured..
    turns out she was a fruitcake and desisted when i offered to show the letter to my insurance company.

Good luck with the repairs

I think there's a few topics like this on Whirlpool forums: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/133?g=263

You can post your situation up too but not sure how helpful they are...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Sorry to hear mate, hope it all works out. Unfortunately you'll probably have to pay the $8k repair bill plus deal with your own repairs at your cost.

You'll get around $8k for your car if you sell it repaired and it might be less of a headache for you rather than trying to sell the car parts.

In terms of insurance, the minimum you should have is 3rd party even if your car is worth nothing. Imagine if you hit a $300k Ferrari instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    There may be a policy excess in addition to the repair/write-off payout amount that they are asking you to pay.

- HZ

Why did they repair it and pay off the lady if it was still driveable?