Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Hi,

Am using Advan RS 18x8 +45 with 225/40R18 tires on my Euro. Thinking of changing to PS3. Will any of these 3 sizes be an issue of rubbing the fender? I do not want to fender roll. Thanks.
    1. 225/45R18
    2. 235/45R18
    3. 235/40R18

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    thankyou dreadangel
    All good

Like previously mentioned, Pirelli's PZero range is nuts like the Michelin Pilot Sport/Cup while the P1/4/6 etc will have some nice ones and some that you'd want to avoid.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by free2d View Post
    Hi,

Am using Advan RS 18x8 +45 with 225/40R18 tires on my Euro. Thinking of changing to PS3. Will any of these 3 sizes be an issue of rubbing the fender? I do not want to fender roll. Thanks.
    1. 225/45R18
    2. 235/45R18
    3. 235/40R18
    Not too sure about rubbing, but I AM sure that you're speedo will be thrown way off. I remember doing some calculations, and it said 225/40R18 or 245/35R18 would be within range. 235/40R18 would throw the speedo off by 5% compared to stock (using 205/55R16 as a base). Going 235/45R18 will mean your speedo will be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Not too sure about rubbing, but I AM sure that you're speedo will be thrown way off. I remember doing some calculations, and it said 225/40R18 or 245/35R18 would be within range. 235/40R18 would throw the speedo off by 5% compared to stock (using 205/55R16 as a base). Going 235/45R18 will mean your speedo will be way off.
    I find 225/40R18 is to rough/hard. Want something comfy. Prob go with 225/45R18.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by free2d View Post
    I find 225/40R18 is to rough/hard. Want something comfy. Prob go with 225/45R18.
    I know what you mean, as I'm running the same size tyre, albeit on a 8.5" wide rim. However, if you want to stay within 3% of your speedo, 225/40R18 really is the only way to go, which in itself is 0.84% larger than OEM 16", however going up to a 45 profile would throw you off 4.4%. It would also make your car use more fuel, as the engine has to work harder, and acceleration will be slightly slower as well. Another thing with going wider is that the more track, the more contact with the road which usually means more road noise. It's one of the downsides to going 18" unfortunately. One route you can go down though, would be changing your dampers/shocks to better ones. Especially if you intend to lower your car anyways, shocks influence a cars ride a lot more than a 5% increase in aspect ratio. That and I highly doubt you'll notice much of a difference between a 40 and 45 profile tyre anyways.

As a last resort, as in if you don't want to change shocks and can't deal with the harder ride, then you could always sell your 18" and grab a set of 17s to replace them.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 22-04-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    All good

Like previously mentioned, Pirelli's PZero range is nuts like the Michelin Pilot Sport/Cup while the P1/4/6 etc will have some nice ones and some that you'd want to avoid.
    atm im on p1 centurato 245/45/18 they are a but weird. grippy but weird as in it feels like a boat, maybe im use to 235/45 for so long.
    also its funny u said p zeros, i was washing gf's car and noticed that shes on p zeros. was like daaaaammm this girl!
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    Got the Hankook Ventus V12 mounted today! and WOW what a huge difference! Steering response was completely different compared to those Michelins. - Allowed smoother steering response and feedback. It's a hell lot quieter now and comfort is very good for 45 profile tyres.

It just happened to poor down rain for a little bit today but was very wet enough for me to test it out. Wet grip is also very good but i did manage to make VSC blink a little while doing some spirited cornering. This is due to not breaking in the tyres yet so i expect it to be a hell lot more grippy after first 1000kms done.

Overall - highly recommended and bang for buck tyres!
    What is the update on these tyres? still a happy camper? Still quiet?