Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: type r turbo???

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTIR
    So many stupid responses here i dont know where to start. For one the use of N20 on a vehicle for street is for one illegal and not as cost effective as it seems, when you consider that a 10lbs bottle will give you about 60seconds of giggle gas, depends on how what HP you jet it to, and at a cost of $110 to fill a 10lbs bottle that doenst seem so cost effective esp considering to setup and properly dyno a N20 kit your lookint at about 1500 all up if you decide to use a basic dry kit and add in a adj fuel press reg for the margin of safety. Oh and dont be hitting the limiter while your on that shit as its easy to do with a honda in stock for cause then you will end up with looking at a type r conrod through your block.
    Secondly for the round abouts 5-6k mark you can setup a proper turbo kit on a type r and with modest boost levels on a stock internal motor you will see power of 140-150kw@wheels not to mention the torque levels you will acheive over a n/a setup, but dont forget that to make this power with cams ect you would be revving this shit out of the motor and have the expense of changing valve springs to suit the increased lift of the cam that you choose. So you have to constanlty be in the high end of your rpm zone to make the best of the power you got, and dont forget the loss of bottom end and midrange power your gonna have. What you going to do, ask a person to only race you when you hit vtec.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    fattony you got a hole in one!..... giggle gas aint the way to go unless you want to have a rebuild in a couple of months. and + its kinda cheating dont you think.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15 Wide Body,DC2R-T,R6
    my sis has a turbo type r and believe me its worth it. so much fun and shes still running the stock computer and internals... its only a little turbo but so much fun!!! =)

The only problem you will have are the ring lands/rings if tuning isn't correctly done. Which idiot says you have to be in the high rev range to win races. You guys are all internet mechanics, bloody rice boys!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i just told 3 days ago by a mechanic in perth that stock honda conrods do take turboing that well. he said if your looking at making high horse power you would need stronger conrods. but theres a few guys here running turbos wonder if they were told same thing or they aware of it?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    i just told 3 days ago by a mechanic in perth that stock honda conrods do take turboing that well. he said if your looking at making high horse power you would need stronger conrods. but theres a few guys here running turbos wonder if they were told same thing or they aware of it?
    yes... the rods are basically the weakest link. Doesn't mean you can't boost on stock rods... just need to have good tuning and not run too much boost and you're find on stock internals.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    what do you think is the most whp you could get with out upgrading the rods,
    surely 300 would need and upgrade

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    white integra is 4 door and no air brushing on the bonnet..
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    what do you think is the most whp you could get with out upgrading the rods,
    surely 300 would need and upgrade
    for a b18, I'd probably say 250whp would be about where you want to start considering new rods... 300 definetely would be a place to have them

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    hey paulo..i know that type r...
    it's fat joes little brothe....joe...(yellow nsx guy)...
    it's white...4 door...with full kit....i think the turbo conversion was done at jetspeed...not sure...but it sat in there workshop for about 6months +
    goes...alrite....(but i'll still beat it)..heheh

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Vtec + a turbo...how much you're willing to go dude...too much things to consider...just stay std...best idea...