Thread: Garrett T28

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    When your ready.. lets play

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    hmm interesting studless manifold setup. what are the advanatges of that??? :P
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I'll see your big ass turbo and raise you a one off carbon intake plenum to feed boost through cbr 954rr itbs AND a really dorky little skateboard

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    saxman ....you must have one rad tuner. Quad throttle bodies + turbo + god knows what else.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by superR
    saxman ....you must have one rad tuner. Quad throttle bodies + turbo + god knows what else.
    I am my own tuner... I wouldn't let anyone else touch my engine

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    wish i knew how to do it all......... woulda saved me a shit load....... what sorta power output you getting?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo
    Just spend a little more and get a GT30 R for like 1300

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by superR
    wish i knew how to do it all......... woulda saved me a shit load....... what sorta power output you getting?
    new turbo set up is still in the works... need to sort some stuff out on the downpipe and then I'm off. Realistically looking at about 220-230whp... mind you this is on a stock internalled D16z6. I was making about 190whp on the old turbo set up on this engine... going for something now with a power delivery more like an n/a engine

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    saxman what do you think of these ebay kits like ssautochrome, i heard their only weak point is their turbo manifolds are to weak and need strengthning, any thing else that you heard??
    cause apparently ythey sell like hot cakes!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    saxman what do you think of these ebay kits like ssautochrome, i heard their only weak point is their turbo manifolds are to weak and need strengthning, any thing else that you heard??
    cause apparently ythey sell like hot cakes!
    they are BY FAR the absolute biggest pieces of shit ever to be created.

the manifolds crack... a lot... sometimes with parts just falling off... due to way too thin of metal and using different materials for the flanges and runners.

the turbos are rarely balanced and some have just split in half

the downpipes are generally 2"... despite being advertsided as 2.5"

the wastegates very very very rarely come with the spring that they're advertsided as coming with, and the diaphrams on them are known for breaking after minimal use

there's question about how well the intercoolers flow

so basically, if you're lucky enough to not have the manifold fall apart on you(I'm not talking about prolonged use... I mean people have these things fall apart after half an hour of use), you some how get a turbo that's balanced correctly and doesn't blow the seals after the first use, and you can deal with having WAY too small of a downpipe, you run the risk of the wastegate overboosting suddently(assuming it boosted to where you want in the first place) and blowing your engine.

the moral of the story? They sell utter shit for a cheap price, so lots of people buy them thinking "nah, it won't happen to me"... and then it does... long after they've already left good feedback on ebay.

DO NOT, for ANY REASON, purchase a turbo kit(individual parts or a kit) by the likes of ssautochrome, stone mountain racing, obx, xs power, or anything that resembles there parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    ok. thats what i wanted to hear
    thanks
    what you think of the REV HARD kits??
    these are like 5 times more expencive than ssautochrome

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    ok. thats what i wanted to hear
    thanks
    what you think of the REV HARD kits??
    these are like 5 times more expencive than ssautochrome
    don't go off the ssac for prices on turbo kits... compare similar ones.

revhard isn't bad, but like all turbo kits, you're going to want to get some sort of engine management on top of what you get. personally, I'm a big fan of the put a kit together yourself following.