New Honda owner (VIC)

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ralph. Bought my first Honda. My family has owned a few hondas since we came here in Oz in 2004. Last week, I searched and test drove a few cars 8 to be exact. Lol.

Found this good condition EG Civic '93 manual hatch. Loved it hehe.

Since I liked their fuel consumption and driving feeling. I thought why not. I'm an Evo to the core. Owned a few cars since I started driving from lancer coupe to WRX to corolla to my mistress (thats what my missus calls her).

I signed up here to learn a few tricks and maybe an engine swap lol. Mostly interested on B18 swap for my Civic. Looking for some guidance and help from all of you.

Cheers
    Ralph

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Eg's can be some great fun! Welcome to the forum.
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    welcome guy

eg is very popular for engine swap

Thanks guys.. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately lol ) my DB15B4 (with 248K km) dual carb is drinking too much oil and a few minutes from start up blows blue smoke. It clears after a good 15mins drive. I'm up for engine swap soon.

CARB to EFI.. But I can't make up my mind though. I think I need to test drive an EG civic with engine swap and have a feel of it. I have been reading online, but what I need is feedback from current owners of the said engines on a civic.

Engines that I'm after is stock rebuild B16, B20Vtec or maybe B18. Plan is a reliable car, as my wife and I plan to keep it for a few years. But I need a bit of power (who doesn't lol). Not to mention handles good. May do an integra sway bar and link set up, coilovers, brake upgrade too.

Budget is slightly limited.

Any takers?