Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    If im not mistaken you can actually get a special wrench from honda and use it to tighten the power steering rack
    There's a massive 40mm adjuster nut on the power steering rack where you can remove all the slop in the power steering
    I did it on my old accord, nice and firm now

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...r-did-2572614/
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    If im not mistaken you can actually get a special wrench from honda and use it to tighten the power steering rack
    There's a massive 40mm adjuster nut on the power steering rack where you can remove all the slop in the power steering
    I did it on my old accord, nice and firm now

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...r-did-2572614/
    Hey Jasemas

Thanks - I really appreciate the tip! It's going to a 2nd guy for a quote on Wednesday this week; so I'll ask him to check that angle out for me.

Cheers

Steve
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

Quote back

Quote Originally Posted by steve-gee View Post
    Hey Jasemas

Thanks - I really appreciate the tip! It's going to a 2nd guy for a quote on Wednesday this week; so I'll ask him to check that angle out for me.

Cheers

Steve
    First quote is back = $616 for the new rack = total of $945 installed. They didn't seem to think adjusting it was very do-able; but were a bit vague on why it might not work? It's in at another more local shop right now - I'll see how I go with him. It certainly HAS been feathering the edges of my tyres!

Steve
    Last edited by steve-gee; 14-10-2014 at 11:56 PM.
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About