I wtb brakes for my jazz gd3

Im very noob with cars because I have just started and learning along the way.

So I want to get new brakes for the car because they look all rusted and ugly and wouldnt know where to start and how much im looking at.

Ive noticed that only the front wheel are disk brakes and from research im guessing that the back are drum brakes.

anyways im looking at getting some new brakes. Id like to get a whole set where the brake callipers ? are coloured. Where should I start looking ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    just clean em up and paint them oem color with high temp paint?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Like he said, clean it up then paint it with brake caliper paint or stuff like MetalCast from Duplicolor.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

thanks for the replies guys. ill give cleaning them a go. gonna google about it. any other tips before i start ?!

Make sure you mask off the entire area, work in a nicely ventilated area BUT not windy unless you like offspray and inconsistent finish...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    His changing pads so the caliper will be off the rotors to start with.

Use high pressure hose + degrease while everything is still attached. Get all the tight spots. Remember your paint job will only be as good as your prep work.

After caliper is removed i also washed mine with H20 Steam cleaner from TV with the wire brush attachment.

Then I washed again with Paint Thinner.

Now you spray with high temp paint. 3-4 coats should be fine.

I also took a chance with clear coat this wasn't high temp and I dont think they make it for high temp.

Its been nearly 12 months since I have done mine, they still shine and clear coat shinny has held up.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...K-Build./page4

Scroll down the link for foto, that what it looks like still.
    Last edited by amant02; 08-11-2014 at 07:52 PM.