Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    OK I've been told by a HONDA SALESPERSON that just came from a briefing that APPARENTLY the 2006 Civic Model Lineup in AUSTRALIA will include:

4-Door Sedan.
    5-Door Hatchback.
    2-Door Coupe.

The 4 and 5 Door's will be powered by a newly developed "K18A" however the coupe may get the K20 but this is still under negotiation.

That is what I was told.. I havnt heard about any K18A motor and when you consider that Pulsar and other cars in the civic's class are powered by a 2.0L, I would have thought HONDA would introduce the K20's to Aussie civic's. Another Rumour I have heard is that the K18A is a SOHC i-VTEC motor but once again most other manufacturers have 2.0L DOHC motors on offer.

Rumoured from the briefing that a new CRX version may be available in Australia in 2007, but once again havnt seen any official press release.

More rumours are that the Civic Type R will be of the 5-Door variety and with a 2.2L motor.. once again just a rumour.

just coz the other manufacturers will have bigger displacement engines... doesnt necessarily mean it'll be better... n depends on how u rate an engine... if its power .. fuel economy.. or all round good performance...

pic of the new 1.8 i-vtec motor

more info here...
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=376015

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C
    Rumoured from the briefing that a new CRX version may be available in Australia in 2007, but once again havnt seen any official press release.
    rumours of new crx's have been coming for 10 years
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    this may sound like a dum question but when does the 2006 civic go on sale? cos normally a new year model for example 2006 models in HK/Japan get sold like around 2 months before the end of the prev year... like 2005 october

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    rumours of new crx's have been coming for 10 years
    derrrrr.. far out you guys get all HARDCORE on here so easilly..

the reason for my post as it was news out of a Honda Sales Boardroom Meeting.. so might have more weight to it that what you read on the fkn internet.

AS for WHEN ? well Honda Australia is doing it's run-out/stocktake sales.. and generally MY2006 cars are released in October 2005.. however not sure if HONDA will be doing this or waiting till next year for Australia.

EG4: lookz lik the sedan to me...

more pics of the coupe...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=391122

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    the civic we are getting is very different to what u are looking at atm...the os version is mad, but we will get a different one to that.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1
    the civic we are getting is very different to what u are looking at atm...the os version is mad, but we will get a different one to that.
    would u happen to have any pics?

anywayz heres a short video of the USDM Si concept...
    http://motortrend.com/av/autoshow/11...a_civic_video/

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1
    do u know which version we are getting?

my car needs an upgrade

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Honda Integra Vtir
    saw somethin interesting today driving past my work today on hume hwy in campbllfield. a car carrier drove past, with a bunch of falcons on it, as well as a new civic! it was a hatchback, lookin alot like a gen crx, including the clear/frosted bit on the tail. had alot of the stylin cues on the preview pics of the new civics, and looked very good in the flesh...sorry, but didnt have a camera on me

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    How do u know it was a civic? may have been a new barina/festiva/etc? or did u actually see the badges and stuff?