Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    So it is broken. Wondering if an electrician could fix? Would this stop te blower working?

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    So turns out mine is broken. If I got a new one would this fix the blower not working? Maybe an electrician could fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I don't think it can be repaired,maybe someone more knowledgable in electronics can chime in..

imo better to replace though

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    I will take to an electrician tomorrow and see what they say and will let you know. I spoke to a few guys on CRX Australia and they said a new one should fix the problem. Fingers crossed.

Any of the Civic ED's (or even other models) should be the same. It's the sort of part that would be interchangeable. Certainly a broken one will stop it working.

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    Sooooo no one wanted to touch it. I am going to Dapto pick a part tomorrow in hopes they have one. If not its only $77 from Honda. Found a few other things like my car door strap broke from the fender side. They don't bolt on either they are welded from inside the front fender so should be fun.

Not surprised no auto electricians would try to fix it. Cost would have been more than Honda's to custom make a resistor probably. I would think it'll be a pretty standard part across several models, it's only a heater blower, they don't change them much.

Your door stay is gonn'a be more difficult. The bracket is inside the box section of the door hinge pillar and pokes through a hole in that. Whether you can get access to it from inside the car by removing the interior trim panels, will depend on whether there are any available holes in the box section behind them and near that stay bracket. It will have been spot welded in place. Has it actually broken into pieces or just away from it's spot welds. If the bracket is still in one piece and still attached to the door stay arm, you may be able to pull it up against the inside of the door pillar and drill and screw, self tapping screws into the "wings" of the bracket and secure it that way. Post some pics if you can to get a better idea of what's going on.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    You can't get access on the inside to weld it unless you start cutting bits of the pillar away, best bet is to weld it from the outside.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    Got a mate who is going to have a look. He will probably have to weld from the outside but see what he says.

I got another door strap but its a little different. Same size and bolts properly to the door but the end that broke bolts to the frame instead of how they had this one which was welded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7473 (480x640) (240x320) (150x200).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	27685  

Can make out what looks to be the hole in the door? But what's that thing that appears to be red hot. A pic of the replacement part and it's bolt on bracket might be more helpful. Is it a Honda replacement part? If it is, it might be intended to rivet or metal screw to the pillar.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I got one FS.
    SSpamily