Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
For an auto you should probably leave the intake alone. If you want a sporty sounding car just change the exhaust from the cat back. It'll give you a sportier not and won't affect the performance and fuel consumption much.

Changing the intake won't have much benefit at all unless you're going to change the header, exhaust and cat converter, and then you'll need a tune to make the most of your mods....on an auto that would be a severe waste of money.

Take it to any good exhaust shop (if you are in Sydney try Best mufflers, www.bestmufflers.com) they'll look after you. Ask for Chris, he knows what he's doing and will give you solid advice without ruining your car.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Others will have a different view and preferences.
Ahh, it just sucks how it had to be an auto and running the R18... I was really keen on getting something done to it, other than just appearances, but I guess my choices are rather limited now. Realistically speaking, is there anything that can be done to an a/t FD1 to improve its performance in any way (maybe not to make crazy power, but more so, comfort and economical?) [Yeah, i kinda noticed I just strayed off topic, but I hope that's alright..]

In terms of changing intake, headers, and having a catback installed, how much would that set one back? I hear tunes can be expensive, but I'm not too sure about headers, as I have yet to see much of them around for the FD1 (or maybe I'm not searching hard enough).

On a side note, let's say the Civic should be left as is, I plan on trading it in sometime in the following two years for something manual, rwd, and modern; any recommendations in what to look for? Price range of maybe, 10-20k?